Your worst ever City memory.

ChorltonAzzurro said:
Being relegated to the third tier of English football. Watched the Stoke game in the Royal Oak in Droylsden, a group of United fans were in there and I remember one of them saying "at least you can go out of the FA Cup in the first round now"...I was far too distraught to put up a fight. Talk about kicking you when you're down.

I was genuinely frightened of playing in the first round of the FA Cup that year. All I could imagine were the headlines as some Fucking Postman or something from a Conference side hit the winner against us.

1. Allisons sacking in 1980

2."its still ricky villa"

3.lakes injury v Villa/ his breakdown after a short comeback,Boro away.

4.Dibble/Crosby disaster @ Forest.

5.Losing 8-1 then on way back running into scum at motorway services laughing and drinking after another title....that was hard to take.

As others have said, def Luton. Before that it was Halifax and then Wembley 81..but I never thought relegation would ever apply to us. By the time Stoke came around I was pretty used to coping with disappointment.
Also, leaving my seat at Maine Rd for the last time was awful.

Ricky Fucking Villa

the Cuntona inspired comeback when we led 2 - 0

Losing out to spurs in the Champs League

Not beating the rags to get to Wemberlee

Getting relegated into the old third division

losing at Liverpool 2 -1 in the title decider in 77

halifax, oldham, doncaster etc etc etc

Bury at home

Fucking Wycombe at home. Fucking Wycome away (yes and all the other low points too)

The list is very long sadly

Which is going to make where we are headed soooooo much sweeter

Too many unbearable moments to remember... But michael owens goal last season ruined my life for a long time!

daveduke67 said:
Wembley Stadium 30th May 1999 4.41 PM

Another year in the third - call it what you want but to me it was the third, division. The rags had just won the FA Cup at the same venue. They'd won the league the week before that. To top it all they'd just won the Champions League four days earlier. And there we were - losing 2-0 with four minutes to go in a pathetic attempt to get back into the second division.

Like I said to Ken - the rags scored two with only two minutes left - we've got four! But he was up and off before I'd finished my half hearted attempt at giving us hope.

He did come back though ;-)
This this this this and this^^^^^^

The feeling I had of total destrought when big fat bob stuck that 2nd goal in for Gillingham will never be Equaled during a football match, I will never forget my mate saying "Scunny next year Tierney"

Thanks to Paul Dickov it was also one of the most uplifting days of my City supporting days, I was just a fucking mess that day crying for no reason. I think thats what coming on your monthlys must be like.

Gillingham 0-2 down, sat with my 8 year old son unable to speak and fighting not to cry in front of him, felt both City and me were staring into the abyss after watching since 66, a darkness over me that I will never forget.

GSW Blue said:
Raddy Antic. There were tears that day.

This and the Fa Cup final defeat.

Still can shut my eyes and see that prostitute loving twat skipping over the hallowed turf.

edit also thinking back City getting beat off my home town team Carlisle shown live on the tv and getting beat 3-1 the year we got promoted 84/85 I believe Carlisle slipped to 7th

Dabs at eye with paper hankie at the memory.

there are a few on par with each other.

fenabache

wolves 74 at wembley

lodz in cup winners cup
and groclin away.

all games we should have won but did'nt turn up.

I was going to say driving back to Hampshire mid-week after we had lost 2-1 away at Lincoln after the most inept 90 minutes and not getting back until 2am and questioning my sanity most of the way home, however the comments about Gillingham at Wembley have reminded me how low I felt when Fat Bob Taylor scored their second. It's the only time I've cried at a game

The 2-5 6th round of the cup at home to Spurs deserves a mention too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.