You're the ref ? (hypothetical)

Re: Your the ref ? (hypothetical)

edgecroft said:
Didn't see the incident, so it's a red card for Balotelli.

Best not appeal though, as an automatic 18 month ban if FA have their way!

Older posters will remember "Shoot" magazine - and they used to have a "You are the Ref" article every week. Bollocksed if I know the answer to this one, at a guess I would say re - take the Goal kick; absolutely no point in asking the current Refs - Webb, Foy,Walton,Clattenburg etc maybe Damocles has the correct answer!

Once in a Home International ( remember them?) - Scotland were playing Wales and the Scottish keeper took a quick goal kick to our very own Willie Donachie. Willie, under pressure from an opposition player stepped well into the area and knocked it back to the Keeper - who missed it and the Goal which should have been disallowed as the Ball had not gone out of the penalty area was given.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Older posters will remember "Shoot" magazine - and they used to have a "You are the Ref" article every week.

The Guardian still run one every week on their website, and they invite suggestions from the public for ideas for panels. I even got a couple of my own suggestions on there a couple of years back. It's still the same two guys (Paul Trevillion the cartoonist and Keith Hackett, former Chief of Referees) who run it, too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/you-are-the-ref" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/seri ... re-the-ref</a>

eshiers1 said:
First reply was correct, you can't score an own goal from a free kick, goal kick, throw in or corner. A corner kick is awarded in all of these instances
i seem to recall liam ridgewell throwing the ball into his own net from a throw in when the keeper totally missed it and the goal stood so it aint true for throw ins i dont think (brum v villa i think)

devildaz63 said:
eshiers1 said:
First reply was correct, you can't score an own goal from a free kick, goal kick, throw in or corner. A corner kick is awarded in all of these instances
i seem to recall liam ridgewell throwing the ball into his own net from a throw in when the keeper totally missed it and the goal stood so it aint true for throw ins i dont think (brum v villa i think)

46 LAW 15 – THE THROW-IN
A throw-in is a method of restarting play.
A throw-in is awarded to the opponents of the player who last touched the ball when the whole of the ball crosses the touch line, either on the ground or in the air.
A goal cannot be scored directly from a throw-in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.