You're the ref ? (hypothetical)

Smiling Sven said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48jEUHWd94[/youtube]

This is from Norway 1988. The goal stood, and the game ended 1-1.

It would mate. The ball is in play.

eshiers1 said:
First reply was correct, you can't score an own goal from a free kick, goal kick, throw in or corner. A corner kick is awarded in all of these instances

You'd have a job scoring an own goal from a corner!

Weird... Got sent this today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVchcrcyEig&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

eshiers1 said:
m35 blue68 said:
Here's another then,

The goalkeeper takes a deadball, the kick is short and doesnt go out of the box but hits opponent and goes in.

Is it a goal?

assuming the kick is taken from within the penalty area you retake the free kick, all free kicks taken from within the penalty area must leave the penalty area before they are in play

if the kick is taken from outside the area then goal

For this reason, I never understand why, knowing the ball has to leave the area, defenders wait for the ball when a short GK is taken and they're put under pressure by a striker. If they're going to be dispossessed, they should just go into the area and touch the ball so it's retaken.

eshiers1 said:
First reply was correct, you can't score an own goal from a free kick, goal kick, throw in or corner. A corner kick is awarded in all of these instances

I'd love to see an own goal from a corner lmao

Jackson-ctid said:
eshiers1 said:

I'd love to see an own goal from a corner lmao

Haha! That'd have to be one serious gale!

denislawsbackheel said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Older posters will remember "Shoot" magazine - and they used to have a "You are the Ref" article every week. Bollocksed if I know the answer to this one, at a guess I would say re - take the Goal kick; absolutely no point in asking the current Refs - Webb, Foy,Walton,Clattenburg etc maybe Damocles has the correct answer!

Once in a Home International ( remember them?) - Scotland were playing Wales and the Scottish keeper took a quick goal kick to our very own Willie Donachie. Willie, under pressure from an opposition player stepped well into the area and knocked it back to the Keeper - who missed it and the Goal which should have been disallowed as the Ball had not gone out of the penalty area was given.

I remember the game. I'm sure Donachie was way outside the area.

I remember this and it wasn't a goal kick. From what I recall, the Scots were running the clock down Liverpool style, ie pass to the keeper who picks it up, out to a defender who passes it back to the keeper who picks it up and passes to another defender and back to the keeper and continue till the ref blows time.

The opposition got wise to it and put pressure on the Scots defence, Donachie over hit his return to Jim Blyth and it ended up in the back of the net!

In very windy conditions similar to above. If a dead ball kick is taken and the wind takes it back and into the goal.
The ball leaves the area and returns without 'touching down' outside the area.
Is that a retake ?

leaving the area puts the ball in play
but
you can't score an own goal from a goal kick
so
a corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.