You're the ref ? (hypothetical)

As a referee for Semi Professional Football and an Assistant on the Football League, in answer to the OP's question, it is a retake. The ball is not considered to be in play until it leaves the 18 yard area and enters the field of play. If he was to kick wide of the goal but still within the 18 yard area it is still a retake for the same reason. If it leaves the area and then goes back in to the goal, then corner.

In answer to m35, the same as above applies. You would just retake the GK.

This applies for all GK/Free kick scenarios. If a defensive free kick in the 18 yard area, whether it be for a foul, Handball, offside etc, the ball must leave the area before being touched by another player. If a player plays the ball in the area prior to it leaving, retake every time!

Try explaining that while a game is in progress. Players only think it applies to goal kicks!

Any other free kick restart that is out side the area, if you kick it DIRECTLY in to your own goal, then corner.

Don't Look Back, so long as no one else touches it it would be a corner if you throw it in to your own net.

If an attacker throws it in with no one touching it then the restart is a goalkick for the defence.

Palace84 said:
Don't Look Back, so long as no one else touches it it would be a corner if you throw it in to your own net.

If an attacker throws it in with no one touching it then the restart is a goalkick for the defence.
Right yes I was thinking more a throw back to the keeper thats missed, but thanks for the answer!

m35 blue68 said:
Here's another then,

The goalkeeper takes a deadball, the kick is short and doesnt go out of the box but hits opponent and goes in.

Is it a goal?

assuming the kick is taken from within the penalty area you retake the free kick, all free kicks taken from within the penalty area must leave the penalty area before they are in play

if the kick is taken from outside the area then goal

Smiling Sven said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48jEUHWd94[/youtube]

This is from Norway 1988. The goal stood, and the game ended 1-1.

As I recall, Gary Sprake did something similar whilst playing for Leeds at Liverpool in the 1960's. The goal stood on that occasion too.

It was in front of the Kop and at the time Des O'Connor (I think) had a hit with 'Careless Hands', which the Dippers immediately started singing.

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Smiling Sven said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48jEUHWd94[/youtube]

This is from Norway 1988. The goal stood, and the game ended 1-1.

As I recall, Gary Sprake did something similar whilst playing for Leeds at Liverpool in the 1960's. The goal stood on that occasion too.

It was in front of the Kop and at the time Des O'Connor (I think) had a hit with 'Careless Hands', which the Dippers immediately started singing.

That he did Bill, I have heard Jackie Charlton tell this story at a couple of dinners and its truly a funny account!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.