Zab or Micah?

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Sometimes I think opponent tend to cross to Zab zone is not the accident but actually they game plan.
Good point. I think Zaba has a clear weakness when it comes to air balls.

Awful defensive performance today from Zab, he was at fault in all three of the goals we conceded today. Firstly he let Campbell run in front of him and get the shot away which was followed up for their equaliser. The second goal he didn't even bother to jump with Campbell (Hart was at fault also) and their third was Sunday league defending by Zabaleta's standards, not one effort to win the ball. He's certainly gonna feel Micah breathing down his neck now.

Micah. He played the majority of games when we won the league he's quicker and a much bigger threat going forward.

Joehannes said:
bluethunder said:
cityUSA said:
to me, Micah

however.... Zaba has shown last season how valuable he is to the team. Great to have a tough problem like that (2 great players in one position)

didn't richards just come back from an injury ? and wasn't he playing as a center back vs norwich?

micah richards defence is incredible, his attack is incredible, this is a player who is worth £30 million, zabaleta comes nowhere near him.
Incredible? £30m? Give over. He offers more than Zabaleta going forward but a £30m right back is a Philipp Lahm/Maicon (at his peak) hybrid, not Micah Richards.

Even them it's pushing it. Contrao went for 20m. That's about the max a FB goes for. Richards is too injury prone for anyone to risk anything more than 15m.

Feared last year that we would suffer from our dependancy then on Zabaleta and Clichy . Mancini flogged them into the ground last season, and we need Richards and, cue wails of anguish, Kolarov to come in and ease the strain.

I appreciate it's one game, one bad result, but their collective positions require most rotation because of the yards covered.

bondsman said:
Micah. He played the majority of games when we won the league he's quicker and a much bigger threat going forward.

was saying that when there was a biggest Zab wankfest here last season. The best football City ever played was with full fit Micah in the side and that football never came back when he started to pick injury after injury.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
rodziak said:
the worst Zaba's match I've ever seen :(
Yeah I said that on an earlier thread tonight but I was gutted that he wasn't captain today. Love Zab but I think we're a stronger team with Micah in it.

especially when we need someone with experience at CB who commands in the air

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.