Zab or Micah?

bluethunder said:
SWP's back said:
bluethunder said:
Did Barry also cause Zaba to handball in the friendly vs Bayern Munich?
Sod off you know nothing tit.

why getting all emotional ?

it is true that zabaleta is not the best defender. he is "ok" but not what we need. he struggled vs adebayor, hazard, ronaldo etc

Not a patch on Rafael.

If we're chalking Zab's mistakes in his splendid season last yr then it's only fair to highlight Micah's performance v Norwich (etihad)...especially the norman wisdom impersonation for the last goal.

Zab all the way.

to me, Micah

however.... Zaba has shown last season how valuable he is to the team. Great to have a tough problem like that (2 great players in one position)

bluethunder said:
SWP's back said:
bluethunder said:
Did Barry also cause Zaba to handball in the friendly vs Bayern Munich?

it is true that zabaleta is not the best defender. he is "ok" but not what we need. he struggled vs adebayor, hazard, ronaldo etc

Who hasn't struggled against Ronaldo? And Adebayor I remember getting bossed by Zaba both times this season, Hazard hardly did anything either. Zabaleta's defensive ability is unquestionably excellent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gex0UJmA8bM[/youtube]

Great strength is the shout....only in straight lines

ForzaMancini said:
bluethunder said:
SWP's back said:

Who hasn't struggled against Ronaldo? And Adebayor I remember getting bossed by Zaba both times this season, Hazard hardly did anything either. Zabaleta's defensive ability is unquestionably excellent.
To be fair Maicon did a very good job on Ronaldo for 60 minutes last season then when he went off for Zaba they scored 3 and Ronaldo went past Zaba like he wasn't there for the winner. Our right back situation is very similar to our left back situation. Clichy is brilliant at defending and very fast but when he gets forward his left foot lets him down where as kolarov is dreadful at defending but has excellent ability going forward. Zaba is a warrior and gets forward well but is usually quite useless with crossing and isn't fast enough to recover when someone beats him but micah is good at shooting and has good recovery speed. If we could mould micah and zaba, and do the same with clichy and kolarov we would have the perfect full backs

kippaxchris said:
ForzaMancini said:
bluethunder said:

To be fair Maicon did a very good job on Ronaldo for 60 minutes last season then when he went of for Zaba they scored 3.

Really? I remember Maicon not doing much and Ronaldo routinely getting past him but yeah, Zaba certainly did even worse when he came on. To be fair, best options for a player like Ronaldo is probably someone like Richards because of his pace and strength - Ronaldo will nearly always go past the defender so at least have someone who has a chance of catching him.

In my opinion zaba work rate is always higher than any other player, so u can not neglect him from the team, yeah Micah has one advantage extra advantage is his physical appearance in the game but on the other way round his injury thing is always debatable and quite concerened to the managers as well. He can't play continuous 10 or 12 games. So I want to use as very important asset to be used like as midfield player along side zaba, like

Hart
Pablo Kompany nastastic
Micah yaya
Silva nasri jovetic
Dzeko negredo

This is an idea came from David Luiz placement in the team in Chelsea , they place him in the mid field cos they have got enough quality on the back.

cityUSA said:
to me, Micah

however.... Zaba has shown last season how valuable he is to the team. Great to have a tough problem like that (2 great players in one position)

didn't richards just come back from an injury ? and wasn't he playing as a center back vs norwich?

micah richards defence is incredible, his attack is incredible, this is a player who is worth £30 million, zabaleta comes nowhere near him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.