Zab or Micah?

Last year maicon got stick for the Real Madrid performance, but Ronaldo still hadn't scored from his side. As soon as Zabaleta came on, he let Ronaldo come inside, shoot and score.

Micah for me. That said has he ever gone a whole season without being injured? We need both for sure.

Player of the season for club
Voted best right back in the league

Has something changed since last season ?

Oh and yes Zabba.

Zaba has made the position himself and will start the season at right back. Pellegrini has said we will be going go all the trophies so Micah will get plenty of time on the pitch too.

We will have more options for breaking down packed defences this year - especially with Navas and Jovetic boosting the creativity of Silva. I can see Micah getting the nod against some of these 11 at the back teams, with his extra pace.

Can't wait for the season to start!!

The cookie monster said:
Player of the season for club
Voted best right back in the league

Has something changed since last season ?

Oh and yes Zabba.

Yes, something has changed since last season: the guy who made more league appearances in the title winning season is back from the injuries that kept him sidelined last season.

I'd give Richards the nod to start the season (just) with Zabba covering. If Richard's makes any big mistakes (has been prone to lapses in concentration and poor positional sense in the past which have been costly, Owen for Utd springs to mind) then Id swith it back. Play well = keep the shirt.

swblue7 said:
I'd give Richards the nod to start the season (just) with Zabba covering. If Richard's makes any big mistakes (has been prone to lapses in concentration and poor positional sense in the past which have been costly, Owen for Utd springs to mind) then Id swith it back. Play well = keep the shirt.

You say play well = keep the shirt, yet want to drop our player of the year last season for a player who has just come back from injury?

I agree that who ever plays well starts however the position is currently Zabbas on merit and for me Micah has to earn back the starting place.

I think looking at their attributes, Micah should be much better than zaba but for some reason zaba is always there equal to or sometimes even outshining micah.

I think Micah is faster, stronger, more powerful, better in the air, better positionally (arguably) and is a true city man through and through. Yet Zaba is just so consistent and I think he just eclipses micah in one on one tackles. They both make similar attacking runs (although i still think richards is better attacking-wise) and are both versatile (micah plays CB and zaba can play LB).

On any given day I would take richards, but over a season zaba is easily just as influential. I just think we are blessed to have them both...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.