Zaba - worth an appeal?

Chris in London

I didn't think zaba did much to deserve his red card tonight. It looked to me like sagna was the guy who kept going forehead to forehead and all Saba did was stand his ground. Is that a red card offence? Not in my book.

Appeal this one, blues, we don't deserve to lose Zaba for three games for something he didnt do.

Game was a dog. Arsenal played some good football but we were only really stretched three or four times. Not happy with the way we played but you have to admit sometimes the end justifies the means. We have deprived them of two points that would have put them above us in the table with a game in hand. As it is, we're still second and they're still third. We know how much better we can play - not sure how much better they can play though. When you look at the Chelsea and spuds results, it has been a good night for us. Let's make sure zaba is around to take his part in the games which follow.

Re: Saba - worth an appeal?

Has to be rescinded surely?

The only downer on an otherwise great evening of football :D

Saba - worth an appeal?

It was definitely handbags scenario although Sagna was easily the main aggressor - them stupid beads should earn him an additional game's ban too!!

Saba - worth an appeal?

We should appeal the zaba red and maybe even the Saba red aswell.:)

No doubt we will appeal
Bobby hinted at it in his interview, he just stood his ground while Sanga went for him 3 times!!
Zaba didnt do anything wrong
If the FA dont dont take it off then its a fucking joke

I think Zabs showed remarkable restraint not to knock fuck out of him.

To be sent off after controlling himself the way he did in the face of extreme provocation, and not making a meal of the repeated offences to try and get Sagna sent off, was an absolute travesty.

Best MOTD ever - just waiting for the winning goal in the Spurs game... And there it is :D

Only worry for me is that they may twist it and argue it's a red card because Zaba 'raised his hands' (although that would be complete madness). Wouldn't put it past the refs/FA though.

It's pathetic though how players go down at the slightest hint of contact when another player goes head to head with them, yet when Zabaleta does the decent thing and just stands up he gets a 3 match ban. To be honest, going down how players do when 'headbutted' could easily be classed as simulation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.