Zabaleta 7 years

TBH I was not sure of him at the start and had been a fan of Corluka who he replaced. The red versus the dippers annoyed me as it was unnecessary and we had been well on top. Since then though I have happily ate my words. A player who has worked to become the very best he can be. Imagine if Nasri, Dzeko, Robinho had the same attitude and application.

I remember thinking that as much as I loved his passion for the game and his commitment to the club, he wasn't good enough for where we were heading. I don't think I've ever been happier to be proved wrong. He has improved beyond all expectations and at his best he was arguably the best right back in the world. Last year he didn't reach his own high levels of consistency, which up to then had been one of his best qualities. I honestly think it's because he played too much and didn't get a long enough break. This injury might turn out to be a blessing in disguise and when he comes back he will be fully rested and raring to go. For me he's up there with Bell, Lee and Buzzer as a club legend. I love him to bits.

with all the games he played over last 2 seasons this break for whatever reason will do him good, freshness and hunger ( not that he needs his hunger back ) i just feel all in all come the 2nd half of the season we will have 2 top draw right backs fully fit and in great form
Zaba Legend

with all the games he played over last 2 seasons this break for whatever reason will do him good, freshness and hunger ( not that he needs his hunger back ) i just feel all in all come the 2nd half of the season we will have 2 top draw right backs fully fit and in great form
Zaba Legend

I think the teams general improvement will help him a lot too. Like VK last year, it seemed they were too focused on trying to pull the team up themselves, and in doing so made individual mistakes which ultimately made the situation worse.

I also think this extended rest will do him the world of good because it means he'll be fit for the rest of the season, not reach March and look knackered. He's 30 now, we've got to treat him like it.

I love him. I've always said that as good as Kompany is, Zabaleta would be my captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.