Zinchenko possible Holding Midfielder

Zinchenko will see his game time go down not up if we see him as a midfielder. He can do a job there no doubt, that's part of his versatility and a huge part of his importance to the side but he's not going to be a regular there for us. Signing a left back will force zinchenko out, there's simply not enough games to accommodate both, and if that happens, we're a weaker squad.

He can play defensive midfield if we continue with the midfield 2 AND rotate as left back.

Even Rodri most of the time plays with a partner (Gundogan or Bernie), so if we continue this, I don't see why Zinny can't play there with either Rodri, Gundogan or Bernie as well.

Would be even better if we played Zinny next to KdB in a midfield 2, just to confuse the opposition over who they are marking.

He's a very good dribbler as proved against Villa and Scotland. Not a great defensive player but improving year on year. I hope he stays and if we get a top class defensive left back he could play left midfield to add solidity in certain games.

Who else watched the Ukraine vs Scotland game last night? Personally thought Zincheko was absolutely mustard and looked every bit City class… my question I put forward is….. would anyone see zinchenko as a holding midfielder in the future? Before you answer have a think, he totally bosses that game in said position last night?

EDIT : Or failing that as a number 8?
He was against a fairly poor performing Scotland team .

He's a very good dribbler as proved against Villa and Scotland. Not a great defensive player but improving year on year. I hope he stays and if we get a top class defensive left back he could play left midfield to add solidity in certain games.
Yeah, his tackling isn’t consistently good enough to play that position imho.

I've watched all the Manchester City games live and rebroadcast when I can not watch live. Oleksandr Zinchenko transferred from Ufa to Manchester City for a fee of $2millions. During his Ufa career, he played in various positions including right, left, central and attacking midfield and left-back ;-) while at PSV Eindhoven he played one game at defensive midfield his first game in his senior club career at that position. He came on in the 58 Minutes for an injured Davy Propper.
Zinchenko at Mancity has also played different positions
He’s not physical enough to he a defensive midfielder. His best position is on the left of a midfield three but he won’t get any playing time there at City because of the talent we have in that position.

Do you not think Pep has thought about it during his 6 year residence?

And given not once has he decided its in our best interest.....might provide your answer.

when Pep needed him. He played defensive midfield against Burnley Fc in match day 36 in a double pivot with Gundogan. The team won the game. Therefore FantasyIreland Pep have thought about it but he has not been
pressured to make a major decision in that position with Gundogan, Rodri, Fernandinho and Bernardo all able to play that position while the left-back position was lacking quality during that season.

Zinny would probably be more of a holding midfielder than a defensive midfielder. A player in the Rodri or Jorginho role doing interceptions, tactical fouls and progressive passing.

Therefore we all can have different opinions on Zinny but one thing we all can agree on is that he has been a good servant. If they sell him for 20 million I will be disappointed because he is worth more than that to the club and fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.