Zinchenko Signed (official)

I wonder if they were caught on the hop with it being announced in Russia/Ukraine that he'd signed with us. Could well be we wanted to wait to get him in the country before announcing it (much like Gundogan + Nolito). Could also just be that it's a less high profile signing so they're happy to not make a big deal out of it.
Or he could just be leaving as quickly as he's signed.

loved his pass backwards out of the box instead of taking the clear shot on goal at the Euros, just the sort of decision making we need.

I hate that when they blast it against a brick wall after going to the effort of being that close. I never saw that but if that is his way then gtfi, i like that a lot in a player.
It shows they are not getting a rush of blood to the head due to occasion and nouse.

Left footed. Started as a L/B and progressively moved up the pitch throughout his career as his quality became more apparent. Reminds me so much of David Alaba. If I'm right and he gets given a chance in pre-season with the 1st team, think he'll grasp it with both hands.

Also it's worth remembering that we were up against clubs like Dortmund to sign him. I suspect that we probably wouldn't have pulled the deal off if we were saying "come join us but we're sending you out on loan". Players coming this summer will want to work with Pep so unless they're super young I think they will at least be given a chance to impress.

Good point - especially considering the reports that working with Pep was what made him come here, he's not going to be working with Pep if he's playing for NAC Breda.

What about Mooy then?

Mooy's agent was talking about where he might go on loan the other day, saw it on CityWatch, whether he should play a little at a PL team or go to a championship team he can play every week.

So I think he's already out the door.

Good point - especially considering the reports that working with Pep was what made him come here, he's not going to be working with Pep if he's playing for NAC Breda.

Exactly.

Obviously this could all come back and bite me on the arse if City do send him out, but for the moment I fancy he stays.

I think we also have to conscious of the fact that he played a full season in the Russian league last season. That's a decent level for first team football and is a decent amount of games for someone of such a young age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.