Zinchenko Signed (official)

I read somewhere that Pep's favoured tactical approach in Germany against sides playing 4231 was to play with 3 at the back. Baring in mind how much of the PL plays a variation on 4231 then I'd suggest we'll play 3 at the back quite a bit.

Think it would suit Mangala too

I'm sure we will see 3 at the back eventually, but to begin with I think it will be bog-standard 433 and 4231 while Pep adapts the squad to his style of play and gets things working.

During the weekend he alluded to first building a team spirit and work ethic, and *then* moving on to tactics, and similarly at Bayern he didn't bring in the 3 at the back formations and more complicated, fluid tactics until the second season.

Maybe being loaned out to Dortmund as part of a upcoming deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know much about the lad, other than very brief appearances in the Euros but welcome to Manchester City, Oleksandr.

Yaaay! Welcome to City!!! It's quite special to finally [or again] have somebody in the team whose 1st language is russian;)

Find the football side of the deal quite amazing as well. A good versalite technical player with football intellect and the fact Pep Guardiola himself was interested in igning him tells you something. Hopefully he goes to pre-season with us.

1.7M that could be a great bargain, I was expecting this to be a larger fee, can't argue with that.

Why am I not surprised BBC never mentioned the price in their article?

I personally think this lad will be in our squad. He will get pre-season to prove himself and then if he looks to good enough will get a squad place if permits etc are sorted. A 'typical' Pep signing if there ever was one.

He's an international player at 19. Yes they aren't the best footballing country but neither are England to be frank.

Last edited:
So between the lines who do we want of them?
Aubameyang I imagine but now Suarez is even just whispered I'll throw my toys out the pram if we get someone other than him.

That's fair I reckon.

1.7M that could be a great bargain, I was expecting this to be a larger fee, can't argue with that.

Why am I not surprised BBC never mentioned the price in their article?

I think the size of the fee is due to his ownership situation. I believe that he was only part owned by FC Ula, and that contract was expiring either in Jan or next June. Either way they were totally powerless and had to accept whatever his agents wanted by the sounds of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.