Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
kun said:
I'm sorry, but everything is wrong with a deal for Ibra:

- Massive wage, we can expect to pay £150k+ p/w for him
- Overpriced transfer fee (probably around £25-35m)
- Unproven in the Premier League
- Age, soon to be 31 and isn't getting any younger
- Inconsistent, just ask Pep Guardiola
- Temperament is almost as bad if not as bad as Balo's
- IMO he doesn't suit our system

These are the reasons people rule out signings or call for players to be sold, so why go for him???

because he completes the jigsaw -

Mario = Why always me ?

Ibra = Because i fucking can

My problem with Ibra is when he doesn't have the ball.
When he has the ball he's great, there's no denying that but when he doesn't have it he disappears and wanders about making no effort to help the team get it back.
He relies on the players around him to do all the work and then eventually give him the ball.

Personally I'd rather have someone like the old Tevez, when we first signed him he was willing to fight for every ball, he worked harder than any other player in the league. That Tevez was twice the player Ibra is.

Not all strikers are able to do "running stuff" like Tevez or Aguero do, that's something that usually only the small strikers do. And only few of them.

Plus I don't agree that Ibra is completely out of the game without the ball, specially in recent seasons, his game has matured in that part too recently. I've seen him running to his own half more than a few times on this EURO.

MSP said:
royle said:
He is different class,always has been,he was the best player on the pitch against both England and France.

there are only two more naturally talented players on the world - Messi and Ronaldo.
Messi's talent is unique. Zlatan and Cristina are on the same level.

What makes Zlatan stand out is his physique. When he came to Milan, their "MIlanLab" did their standard tests on him. They said that Zlatan came out on top of all Milan players of the last 30 years. No one was close. And Milan have had some decent players. Zlatan is a monster.

Zity9 said:
MSP said:
royle said:
He is different class,always has been,he was the best player on the pitch against both England and France.

there are only two more naturally talented players on the world - Messi and Ronaldo.

What makes Zlatan stand out is his physique. When he came to Milan, their "MIlanLab" did their standard tests on him. They said that Zlatan came out on top of all Milan players of the last 30 years. No one was close. And Milan have had some decent players. Zlatan is a monster.
So is Messi unique or not?

Zlatan is a great player, but having him in the team would take us backwards; In all but Barcelona everything was set up to get the ball up to Zlatan rather than focus on overall team play. We played like that with Tevez for 2 seasons and whilst we achieved our goals Fa Cup and 3rd place finish, we have grown far more as a team since abandoning this philosophy. The reliance on Tevez and NDJ no longer exists and I would like to see a team of top level performers but without a reliance on any particular player, this will be better in the long run in terms injuries, poor form and outgoing transfers. We already look closer to this scenario; nasri putting in the performances with silva off form, Balotelli taking over from Dzeko and then tevez coming back to take over from Balo, the only issue is to sort out a reliable back up at CB and then the Over reliance problem maybe sorted.

Zity9 said:
MSP said:
royle said:

He will be a HUGE asset especially against Stoke et al.
City top in corner kick goals.
We have Aguero, Silva, Nasri for Messi --ahs.
Ridiculous to suggest asnother one.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 pm --<br /><br />Zlatan in lieu of Dzeko, or Tevez off of course

Zity9 said:
MSP said:
royle said:

ZI is as good a player as Ronaldo....Really?

To old, would cost a fortune in wages and fee.

royle said:

don't get the idea he was the best player on the pitch against england at all, as a striker you have to influence high up the pitch, which beisdes one strike he didnt at all.

now if you'd have said kallstrom was the best player on the pitch, id have agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.