Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number10 said:
From Gazzetta dello Sport online:

Galliani, who earlier has maintained with all his might that Ibra and Thiago Silva are staying, has obviously changed his mind:

"Ibra e Thiago Silva rimarranno? Il mercato è lungo. Tutto è aperto, tutto è possibile; non voglio fare ipotesi, il passato insegna: ne riparleremo il 31 agosto alle 19.01"
"If Ibra and Thiago Silva are going to stay? The market is long. Everything is open, everything is possible; I don't want to make hypothesis, the past teaches us this: we'll talk again August 31st at 19.01"

"E’ cambiato il Paese; [...] Dobbiamo puntare al pareggio (del bilancio, ndr). Mettetevelo in testa: i grandi nomi non vengono più in Italia. Cercano paradisi più appetibili"
"The country has changed [...] We must aim to balance (the finances). Get it through your heads: The big names are not coming to Italy. They are looking at more appetizing places".

Google Translated Gazzetta article for those interested: <a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FSquadre%2FMilan%2F09-07-2012%2Fallegri-ricominciamo-zero-galliani-vanno-ridotti-infortuni--911787906125.shtml&act=url" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ml&act=url</a>

They'd both be fantastic signings, it would great it if happened but I doubt it will.

Marvin said:
Not worth trying to follow what Galliani say. Learned that much in the Kaka saga

I agree with you that Galliani has a fantastic ability to talking nonsense.

Nevertheless, at least I find his change of tone and position to be just the kind of opinion changes that, historically, are not seldom followed by pretty big movements on the market.

The biggest news with the quotes above was that Ibra joined Milan two years ago because they had an "ambitious project" to once again becoming the force they once were in world football.

In the interview after the last game of last season, he expressed concerns for Milan's "ambitious project".

In Galliani's interview above, saying he doesn't know if Ibra stays, and makes it clear they are not getting a big signing this year, describes a Milan on their knees in the market.

Ibra has kept his part of the deal, practically carrying Milan on his shoulders for two years.

I believe it would be enough for Ibra to start looking around (if he hasn't already) as Milan have obviously failed to live up to their part of the deal.

Galliani's comments can certainly be pre-emptive - if he already knows Ibra is leaving, he's softening the blow with these comments.

Here's to hoping.

I love Ibra but give me a straight choice and it's Thiago Silva all day long. There are strikers like van Persie and Cavani out there who could improve our strikeforce as Ibra might, but what defenders are out there and available of Silva's quality? Absolutely no one - Pepe is ungettable, Hummels signed a long-term contract, Vidic plays for our hated rivals. If they are open to selling T. Silva again and really want Dzeko and/or Kolarov, hopefully our interest is piqued.

LoveCity said:
I love Ibra but give me a straight choice and it's Thiago Silva all day long. There are strikers like van Persie and Cavani out there who could improve our strikeforce as Ibra might, but what defenders are out there and available of Silva's quality? Absolutely no one - Pepe is ungettable, Hummels signed a long-term contract, Vidic plays for our hated rivals. If they are open to selling T. Silva again and really want Dzeko and/or Kolarov, hopefully our interest is piqued.
Galliani said today "Ibra will definitely stay. But you never know. The market is open until August 31st." (Yeah, that's the way he speaks) At the same time new rumors say Milan might bid on Dzeko. The starting strikers in Milan are Ibra and Cassano. After those you have Pato, Robinho and youngster El Shaarawy. (Maxi Lopez is leaving.) I don't see Dzeko coming to Milan to be on the bench...

Thiago Silva is the best central defender in the world, and he's still improving. But Milan turned down a 45 million offer from PSG and Silva signed a new extension with higher salary a couple of weeks ago. Besides, Milan wouldn't replace him with a striker.

I'd say it's 50/50 Zlatan stays at Milan. If he leaves, City are on top. For several reasons. The club has a growing project. Won the league for the first time in 300 years last season, are now aiming for CL glory... Premiere League is the only big league he hasn't won yet (a reason to turn down Madrid)... He has worked with Mancini and it was fine (although he lost some respect for Mancini the last season in Inter). Only other possible destinations are Madrid and Chelsea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUrVDvmFxHU[/youtube]

Zity9 said:
LoveCity said:
Galliani said today "Ibra will definitely stay. But you never know. The market is open until August 31st." (Yeah, that's the way he speaks) At the same time new rumors say Milan might bid on Dzeko. The starting strikers in Milan are Ibra and Cassano. After those you have Pato, Robinho and youngster El Shaarawy. (Maxi Lopez is leaving.) I don't see Dzeko coming to Milan to be on the bench...

Thiago Silva is the best central defender in the world, and he's still improving. But Milan turned down a 45 million offer from PSG and Silva signed a new extension with higher salary a couple of weeks ago. Besides, Milan wouldn't replace him with a striker.

I'd say it's 50/50 Zlatan stays at Milan. If he leaves, City are on top. For several reasons. The club has a growing project. Won the league for the first time in 300 years last season, are now aiming for CL glory... Premiere League is the only big league he hasn't won yet (a reason to turn down Madrid)... He has worked with Mancini and it was fine (although he lost some respect for Mancini the last season in Inter). Only other possible destinations are Madrid and Chelsea.

You sound like a RAG with your 300 years bullshit.

LoveCity said:
Pepe is over rated because he plays for Real Madrid. Gets away with some outrageous fouls particularly when they play Barca

m7mcfc said:
Zity9 said:
LoveCity said:

Along with the date he joined..

Marvin said:
Pepe is over rated because he plays for Real Madrid. Gets away with some outrageous fouls particularly when they play Barca

I don't think he's overrated at all, he's just dirty, but he's an incredible defender who has more fight in him than almost any player I've seen. Honestly if he wasn't a top player Mourinho wouldn't play him virtually every game. To last 5 years at Real Madrid is quite a feat too when they go through so many players.

m7mcfc said:
I had to look that up.

"A slang term for a sanitary napkin used by a menstruating woman while on the rag."

That's mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.