Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a quality player who would improve our squad. He would be invaluable in the CL too, so for me it would be a yes if we could get him.

I suppose the obvious thing here is a swop with Tevez.

That way despite public displays of support Mancini gets rid of Tevez.

We then have Kun, Ibra as starters. with Balo as support.

Not quite sure if that would leave space for Edin or not.

mancityscot said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
One of most overrated players in world

Can't agree. As much as he gives off the stench that he doesn't care, he's a footballing freak of nature, due to his size.

I actually think him and Aguero would work better in tandem than RVP, but people around the club insist, coupled with his age, and absolute mega wages, it's a no upstairs.

Mancini is well documented as loving Ibra, but unless it is now a straight like-for-like on Tevez, the deal can't stack up.

Roberto Mancini has suggested that Manchester City won’t be bidding for Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Gaston Ramirez this summer. “I have four very strong attackers.”

The newly-crowned English champions have been pushed in recent weeks with a return to the Italian market to reinforce their squad for next year.

Milan’s Ibrahimovic has previously been linked with a move to the club, whilst Bologna’s Ramirez has an offer from an English club, according to his agent. However, neither are on Mancini’s agenda.

“Zlatan is a champion, but I have four very strong attackers,” the Coach told reporters on Wednesday.

“They measure up to those in the Champions League. Nothing is true. And that of Ramirez? He is a good, young player with great potential. In attach, though, we are OK.”

So as of today when this was reported it would seem that as we all know we are catered for in attack. each has stated they want to stay too.

So I would have thought Cavani/RVP/Ibra can be put to bed.

Now midfielders and defenders that is a different story.

I think Ibrahimovic is a very good player with much more technical ability the Dzeko who i think will be moving on from city this summer. Dzeko has failed to live up to the expectations that we had when we signed him. The issues though with Ibrahimovic and RVP for that mater are their age. ZI is 30 and RVP 29 come the start of the season. With the fact they will both want 4/5 year contracts and wages of 150k + a week this doesnt work for city in terms of FFP. Citys policy should countinue to be young players that will grow with the team ie Aguero Nasri Silva

raz4la said:
In Swedish, he did a 'Vollleykanon". I like that.

I'm not seeing how he would fit into the dressing room here though. Maybe he's a great guy, but that's not the impression I've formed of him.

edgecroft said:
raz4la said:

I'm not seeing how he would fit into the dressing room here though. Maybe he's a great guy, but that's not the impression I've formed of him.
So to have winners in the dressing room has become a bad thing?

there is nothing wrong with his attitude, he was a bit raw 10 years ago. give the guy a chance :)

edgecroft said:
raz4la said:

Would probably have fitted in better in the dressing room when Coppell was here.

Allegedly.

lafitz2008 said:
Would probably have fitted in better in the dressing room when Coppell was here.

Allegedly.
Zlatan doesn't fit in dressing rooms.
Dressing rooms adapt to him.

Even legends like Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini (google them, kids) all have spoken about what happened when Ibra entered the Milan dressing room for the first time. A team that hadn't won anything for years immediately felt like winners.

Ibra spits blood in training. He'll come down just as hard on someone not giving his all in practice as during an important game. He is a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.