Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Number10 said:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is my absolute favorite player since Roberto Baggio put his shoes on the shelf. The strength of an ox, the agility of a panther but most of all: he is a football artist and a genius.

His career's goals, plays and trickery highlight reel is already longer and more spectacular to watch than the one made out of all the other 15 top strikers in the world put together, and he just keeps on giving me and many others unforgettable moments and always pushing the concept of what is possible on a football pitch.

When Joe Hart rushed outside the area and headed that ball away, you can see in the replays that Zlatan instinctively knew what to do. Now, only one in a thousand footballers would have thought about doing that bicycle kick. Of those, only one in a thousand would have actually tried it. Of those left, only one in a thousand would have pulled it off. Simply sheer and utter genius, there is no other way to describe it.

To top it off, an incredible professional: except for Pep, he has been acclaimed by all his coaches, from Capello to Ancellotti to Mancini. He doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink and he never has a scandal off the pitch in his professional life.

The one I would have liked to see at City the most - and I would be over the moon if he came after this season.

His so called "arrogance" is two-fold: Firstly, he never lets anyone push him down and that came with the upbringing in Sweden. If you read his book, he'll tell you it started already as a kid when all Swedish parents were questioning why that tall, lanky immigrant was playing instead of their blond, white son. Secondly, he jokes a lot and he makes jokes that are easy to get as arrogant, like the Björn Borg thing, and the newspapers lap it up like kittens and unfortunately some people buy it.

Come to City, Zlatan, you know it makes sense.

I think you've got too carried away and wrapped up in your Zlatan duvet to be objective.
As for Borg - nobody ever thought he was arrogant - a quiet man, sporting and with incredible temperament yes.

GaudinoMotors said:
Number10 said:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is my absolute favorite player since Roberto Baggio put his shoes on the shelf. The strength of an ox, the agility of a panther but most of all: he is a football artist and a genius.

His career's goals, plays and trickery highlight reel is already longer and more spectacular to watch than the one made out of all the other 15 top strikers in the world put together, and he just keeps on giving me and many others unforgettable moments and always pushing the concept of what is possible on a football pitch.

When Joe Hart rushed outside the area and headed that ball away, you can see in the replays that Zlatan instinctively knew what to do. Now, only one in a thousand footballers would have thought about doing that bicycle kick. Of those, only one in a thousand would have actually tried it. Of those left, only one in a thousand would have pulled it off. Simply sheer and utter genius, there is no other way to describe it.

To top it off, an incredible professional: except for Pep, he has been acclaimed by all his coaches, from Capello to Ancellotti to Mancini. He doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink and he never has a scandal off the pitch in his professional life.

The one I would have liked to see at City the most - and I would be over the moon if he came after this season.

His so called "arrogance" is two-fold: Firstly, he never lets anyone push him down and that came with the upbringing in Sweden. If you read his book, he'll tell you it started already as a kid when all Swedish parents were questioning why that tall, lanky immigrant was playing instead of their blond, white son. Secondly, he jokes a lot and he makes jokes that are easy to get as arrogant, like the Björn Borg thing, and the newspapers lap it up like kittens and unfortunately some people buy it.

Come to City, Zlatan, you know it makes sense.

I think you've got too carried away and wrapped up in your Zlatan duvet to be objective.
As for Borg - nobody ever thought he was arrogant - a quiet man, sporting and with incredible temperament yes.

"Zlatan duvet" - lol, I'm most certainly a fan but I'm not blind to his faults, I just think his faults are constantly highlighted and almost never his skills, especially in England. If you want to have a proper discussion, would you care to elaborate on what I said that isn't true or to your liking?

But, then again, maybe you have a read my post badly as you have misinterpreted that I meant that Zlatan was perceived as arrogant, not Borg. Borg was The Iceman - calm, cool and collected.

Part of his arrogance is down to him nearly jacking it all in at 15 when it looked like he wasn't going to make it as a professional and he was prepared to work in Malmo's docks. It took his youth coach to make him change his mind.

Modern day Cuntona.

Has his moments but they're overshadowed by his personality.

I don't know where I stand on this. On one hand you can't be doing that on the football pitch, on the other hand, if you're doing that to John Terry, at least get a full connection.

I don't know where I stand on this. On one hand you can't be doing that on the football pitch, on the other hand, if you're doing that to John Terry, at least get a full connection.
Possibly one of my biggest flaws but I have to admit I like Zlatan.

That being said, if he'd end up somehow at United I would easily go on and hate that fucker with a passion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.