Geronimo Rulli

Didn't we only sell him permanently a couple of weeks ago or have I got that wrong? This whole deal sounds so strange if we really are interested in buying him in the summer.
We sold him with a buy back clause if his progress is good,it was a weird deal from the start,sold him for 7m euro's and until 2018 we can buy him back for 14m euro's,so 7m really and after that we would have to buy him at a high release clause,he is certainly keen to get here

We sold him with a buy back clause if his progress is good,it was a weird deal from the start,sold him for 7m euro's and until 2018 we can buy him back for 14m euro's,so 7m really and after that we would have to buy him at a high release clause,he is certainly keen to get here
Not sure why we didn't just loan him to them for the whole season and wait and see what progress he made before agreeing to the permanent deal. Very weird. How much did we pay for him before we sold him for 7m?

Real Sociedad fans are annoyed by Geronimo Rulli's comments, which are seen as him angling for a summer move to Manchester City. [AS]

The possibility of Pep signing Rulli is real because City would pay 'only' €7m (€14m minus the €7m he was sold for) for a top young GK. [AS]
Their maths is wrong. It'll work out around 12m euro, we paid £4m to Maldonado so that has to be added to the €7m net with Sociedad.

Not sure why we didn't just loan him to them for the whole season and wait and see what progress he made before agreeing to the permanent deal. Very weird. How much did we pay for him before we sold him for 7m?
They were signing him if they had the cash, we basically subbed them for the transfer in return for a low buyback clause. Builds connections with a good Spanish club for us and we got to keep control of a transfer target, but he wasn't ready to come here in the summer and has come on leaps and bounds. As for loaning him there? The system we used isn't bad, gives them a financial stake in the player which most of our loanee clubs don't have.

Hart will never be back at City.
You're almost certainly right. If Pep was to do an about turn and at least give Joe a chance to prove himself next season, he'd go up in my estimation immeasurably. That's not to say I have a low estimation of Pep but it'd be a good sign and show he learns from mistakes. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who think it wasn't a mistake to let Joe go but you'll never convince me we wouldn't have more points now if he'd been in the team. I think most managers see it as a sign of weakness to change their mind on a decision which is why so many of them are stubborn to the point of stupidity.

You're almost certainly right. If Pep was to do an about turn and at least give Joe a chance to prove himself next season, he'd go up in my estimation immeasurably. That's not to say I have a low estimation of Pep but it'd be a good sign and show he learns from mistakes. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who think it wasn't a mistake to let Joe go but you'll never convince me we wouldn't have more points now if he'd been in the team. I think most managers see it as a sign of weakness to change their mind on a decision which is why so many of them are stubborn to the point of stupidity.
What if Joe doesn't want to return to City, Pep or no Pep?

They were signing him if they had the cash, we basically subbed them for the transfer in return for a low buyback clause. Builds connections with a good Spanish club for us and we got to keep control of a transfer target, but he wasn't ready to come here in the summer and has come on leaps and bounds. As for loaning him there? The system we used isn't bad, gives them a financial stake in
I was struggling to get my head round it, thought it was a terrible deal but then I'm only looking at it with the hindsight of him looking immediately very good and is potentially wanting to buy him fairly soon. I suppose atvthe point of the deal and not knowing what he would be like, it was essentially 3m euros profit for not very much effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.