Poznan during CL anthem vs Monaco

Is misery an infectious disease?

With each passing year a large proportion of our fans seem to lack any kind of joy from either the team or being at the game, and the match-day experience is more central to them drinking away the stresses of the working week?

I always felt a sense of pride seeing the Poznan and how inclusive it was for everyone.

Apparently you have to be under 14 to enjoy it. But I suppose it gives some on here even more reason to moan

Booing the anthem is just plain negative, sounds ugly too. The Poznan is funny and full of joy, might even inspire the team to get off to a cracking start by creating the kind of atmosphere City had against Hamburg a few years back. Do the Poznan, minus booing.

Apparently you have to be under 14 to enjoy it. But I suppose it gives some on here even more reason to moan

It wasn't that long ago the BBC Sports Personality of the Year forced the entire audience to perform it, including Wio in the front row, which was piss funny.

I also remember every cinema showing it in the trailers when Sky thought we were cool.

I have said on here in the past that if these fans who want to do something like this then that is fine but it is about time that they invented something new as the Poznan is way past its sell by date.

I have also said that I have no suggestions but then again I am not the one who wants to jump up and down with my back to the game and my arms round strangers just so that other fans and T.V. viewers can gasp in awe at City fans' originality and the fact that we are ever such a whacky bunch who are very much to be admired.

I have no desire to invent terrace dances etc but then again, I am over 14. If you want to do that sort of thing then fill your boots, but try to be inventive and move on eh?

As for the joker who posted a picture of Victor Meldrew, he was a loud gobby bloke who never stopped shouting in public. Why don't you try it yourself, starting at 7.45 pm on Tuesday. That is the way to generate an atmosphere. Simple.

how is it past its sell by date ? shall we only sing brand new songs. i mean blue moon pretty old, why dont we just stop singing that. its a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Wow, don't do it m8 fair enough but having a go at fans who do is just shite.

I think you will find that I am not having a go at the fans who do it. I am simply suggesting that it is a very tired concept, and yes it is a bit silly. However I am not averse to being a bit silly or I wouldn't have followed City for decades.

I did it at Poznan away the first time Blues did it and I did it at West Ham away recently and I will probably do it again.

I am expressing an opinion that it is dated and naff. It is about time we moved on and did something different.

I suspect a lot of Blues think this way but only a few voice their opinion on here.

I thought the Poznan was great. It looked fantastic, it got the whole ground buzzing and laughing and lifted the atmosphere. On the downside it was bloody knackering at times [ Blackburn away comes to mind ] and opposition fan's used to mock us with it when they scored, but that was just a small minus.

I agree with Tolmie we have some right fucking miserable bastards following us. Things are either old hat, not cool anymore or some fans are just so uptight and boring they may as well stay at home for all they contribute to the atmosphere at a game. I honestly don't know why some bother wasting their money going. There are some near me who express zero emotion all game. I mean ZERO! They don't smile, interact with anyone or even look happy when we score. It baffles me but they pay their money they can do what they want, I just don't understand it.

On what possible planet do people think that doing what is commonly regarded as a celebratory dance conveys ANY form of protest towards UEFA? It doesn't. It's nothing of the sort.

Do a poznan if we score by all means but please don't think that doing a fucking dance during the CL anthem in any way replaces the only form of protest available, namely to boo and boo again. It's irrelevant if it 'doesn't do any good' and it's irrelevant if Pep doesn't like it. It's nothing to do with him.

Keep booing and never ever stop.

I thought the Poznan was great. It looked fantastic, it got the whole ground buzzing and laughing and lifted the atmosphere. On the downside it was bloody knackering at times [ Blackburn away comes to mind ] and opposition fan's used to mock us with it when they scored, but that was just a small minus.

I agree with Tolmie we have some right fucking miserable bastards following us. Things are either old hat, not cool anymore or some fans are just so uptight and boring they may as well stay at home for all they contribute to the atmosphere at a game. I honestly don't know why some bother wasting their money going. There are some near me who express zero emotion all game. I mean ZERO! They don't smile, interact with anyone or even look happy when we score. It baffles me but they pay their money they can do what they want, I just don't understand it.

i think we overdid it at times. we should just do it for winning goals or big games imo. but your right its got everyone up and the whole ground buzzing. you are right we have some right moaning bastards following us. I've sat near people this season, make no noise all game, dont cheer a goal, clap the players, i actually think they are robots with depression. why even go to the game.

the poznan is our thing in england and is unique to us, it needs bringing back.

Copying something other teams have done for years then claiming it as our own was poor form. Just like the new paper thank you to Mancini, when it took Mancini to do one first and then it was copied and juts seemed like a fame hunting exercise to me.

Booing UEFA is our thing and we should stick with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.