Poznan during CL anthem vs Monaco

On what possible planet do people think that doing what is commonly regarded as a celebratory dance conveys ANY form of protest towards UEFA? It doesn't. It's nothing of the sort.

Do a poznan if we score by all means but please don't think that doing a fucking dance during the CL anthem in any way replaces the only form of protest available, namely to boo and boo again. It's irrelevant if it 'doesn't do any good' and it's irrelevant if Pep doesn't like it. It's nothing to do with him.

Keep booing and never ever stop.

We did it at Wembley when the scum bastards names were read out and boo'ed them at the same time, and it felt fucking fantastic! A combination of the two seems the way to go here with a culmination of the 'City City City' chant at the end :)

from all accounts you will be lucky if your actually sat next to anyone to be be able to do the poznan with!
i have been offered tickets of 7 different people now all offering as many adult and child tickets as i want for free.
they have give thousands to businesses and schools and they cant even give them away!!!

We did it at Wembley when the scum bastards names were read out and boo'ed them at the same time, and it felt fucking fantastic! A combination of the two seems the way to go here with a culmination of the 'City City City' chant at the end :)
I think you are right. It would be a signal of togetherness and rejection of UEFA at the same time. The cartel including UEFA are out to get City. Show them they aren't gonna win.

At Wembley it was (and will be tomorrow) a mish mash of things that don't belong together. I remember people beforehand weirdly saying things like "the united players won't know what's hit them." Delusion.

I'm not anti-poznan. I'm anti pretending that it in any way replaces booing as a form of protest. It just doesn't. If you don't want to boo then don't boo. This doesn't replace it though.

Copying something other teams have done for years then claiming it as our own was poor form. Just like the new paper thank you to Mancini, when it took Mancini to do one first and then it was copied and juts seemed like a fame hunting exercise to me.

Booing UEFA is our thing and we should stick with it.

Surely the fact that we called it 'the Poznan' probably negates us claiming it as our own?

Well turning your back on somebody is generally a sign of rejection, but I guess if you do not see that there is nothing I can say to convince you.
The Poznan has been done by City fans as a sign of celebration. Not one iota of it has ever been about rejecting anything. Do you know what people will think? "Oh look, City fans are doing a poznan". Message lost. It just makes no sense.

Replacing booing with doing a poznan is akin to writing your car off and replacing it with a banana.

At Wembley it was (and will be tomorrow) a mish mash of things that don't belong together. I remember people beforehand weirdly saying things like "the united players won't know what's hit them." Delusion.

I'm not anti-poznan. I'm anti pretending that it in any way replaces booing as a form of protest. It just doesn't. If you don't want to boo then don't boo. This doesn't replace it though.

I don't remember it being a mish mash at all. I remember it being a whole half of Wembley bouncing and booing, and i'd like to think set the tone for the players.

Fair enough if you don't get it, don't join in, but even though it's not exactly ours, everyone remembers us for it and I don't think it would be a bad thing to bring it back. Opinions eh :)

I don't remember it being a mish mash at all. I remember it being a whole half of Wembley bouncing and booing, and i'd like to think set the tone for the players.

Fair enough if you don't get it, don't join in, but even though it's not exactly ours, everyone remembers us for it and I don't think it would be a bad thing to bring it back. Opinions eh :)
I don't think you've read what I've said.

I specifically said I'm not anti poznan. It has its place.

This is about 'replacing' a seriously held protest with a silly celebratory dance and then deluding yourself into thinking that it somehow replaces it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.