Poznan during CL anthem vs Monaco

I don't think you've read what I've said.

I specifically said I'm not anti poznan. It has its place.

This is about 'replacing' a seriously held protest with a silly celebratory dance and then deluding yourself into thinking that it somehow replaces it.

Ha.
I don't think you have read what I've said. I'm not deluding myself at all, in fact I'm not advocating the protest of the anthem with the poznan per se, just getting a bit of atmosphere back with our 'silly celebratory dance' coupled with a boo or two to appease the booers.

I bet you are fun at parties.

The Poznan has been done by City fans as a sign of celebration. Not one iota of it has ever been about rejecting anything. Do you know what people will think? "Oh look, City fans are doing a poznan". Message lost. It just makes no sense.

Replacing booing with doing a poznan is akin to writing your car off and replacing it with a banana.
I agree the Poznan is not the same as booing. I actually thought that was the whole point; replacing something very negative with something more positive in an attempt to give more support to our team. Mind you I am all for booing UEFA. They deserve all the shit they get. But perhaps we would do ourselves a favour by considering something else.

I agree the Poznan is not the same as booing. I actually thought that was the whole point; replacing something very negative with something more positive in an attempt to give more support to our team. Mind you I am all for booing UEFA. They deserve all the shit they get. But perhaps we would do ourselves a favour by considering something else.
The booing and the subsequent raucous cheer at the end of the anthem actually ARE in support of the team.

There's no indication from them that they think otherwise either.

I think you will find that I am not having a go at the fans who do it. I am simply suggesting that it is a very tired concept, and yes it is a bit silly. However I am not averse to being a bit silly or I wouldn't have followed City for decades.

I did it at Poznan away the first time Blues did it and I did it at West Ham away recently and I will probably do it again.

I am expressing an opinion that it is dated and naff. It is about time we moved on and did something different.

I suspect a lot of Blues think this way but only a few voice their opinion on here.

If it's dated and naff why did you do it recently at West Ham

from all accounts you will be lucky if your actually sat next to anyone to be be able to do the poznan with!
i have been offered tickets of 7 different people now all offering as many adult and child tickets as i want for free.
they have give thousands to businesses and schools and they cant even give them away!!!

But there is only a handful on the OS ticket page.

Booing the anthem is just plain negative, sounds ugly too. The Poznan is funny and full of joy, might even inspire the team to get off to a cracking start by creating the kind of atmosphere City had against Hamburg a few years back. Do the Poznan, minus booing.

Disagree 100%. Loud and proud boo sounds really impressive

Booing hasn't achieved a single thing other than BT Sport turning down the microphones.

Booing is not going to change the fact our lads and girls got ripped off regarding the CSKA game, it won't change FFP, it won't stop them invesitigating "you're not incredible" or paper aeroplanes- the only way to do that is via their pockets.

In fact, even though I was a "boo-er" I think it takes away from what should be a special night in our clubs and in the players careers and I think the boo-ing has run it's course, much like some say "the Poznan" has.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.