Ed China leaves Wheeler Dealers

Do you have access to the Internet?

I've just watched it on 't net! What a beauty! Thought for a minute he'd got a red n' white one but 'twas smokey blue.

I nearly bought one in '76 but when I pulled down the sun visor there was about an inch and a half of windscreen left to look through, so I got a Citroen Ami Super instead! I've still got a 2CV inside me, sky blue and white, waiting to come out!

I don't know if anyone has seen the most recent series, in the last episode they come back to England to buy a 1916 Cadillac and it was apparently Ed's idea, the initial idea is to do it up then enter it into a foreign rally (can't remember where)
By the end of that episode they've spent a fortune on 2 Cadillacs (around £100k), and the rally idea has suddenly been dropped, bit of a strange episode and not surprising it was the last one Ed did.

Yes mate. I seem to recall them driving it over a rutted field carrying a basket of eggs to test the suspension. Eggs didn't break either.

They did! We had a French assistant at the school I worked at in the early seventies and he had one very similar to the one Ed was doing up - corrugated bonnet and 'deck chairs' for seats!

I've just watched it on 't net! What a beauty! Thought for a minute he'd got a red n' white one but 'twas smokey blue.

I nearly bought one in '76 but when I pulled down the sun visor there was about an inch and a half of windscreen left to look through, so I got a Citroen Ami Super instead! I've still got a 2CV inside me, sky blue and white, waiting to come out!

I've had the 2CV and a couple of Dyane's - never had an Ami but always fancied one. Graduated to a '78 GS next - that was £650 very very well spent !

Edd stuck a new video up today - obvs live coz he made reference to the Westminster attack. I saw it via the Practical Classics page on FB not sure other ways to access - some interesting background about Wheeler Dealers like why Edd's labour wasn't factored in and the revelation he has been kicked out of the workshop - Mike Brewer "got custody " of the US and the UK workshops it seems - Edd is between workshops and jobs................. he walked without having somewhere else to go - bit of a spat mixed with Bakeoff this one.............

I know fuck all about cars but still loved this show

Gutted he's leaving

As for you lot slagging off Brewer it's uncalled for

They were a great team..the Morecambe & Wise of car restoration

I hope Mr China really does have some good things on the horizon

But this is truly the end of an era..it was so much better than fucking Top Gear

I know fuck all about cars but still loved this show

Gutted he's leaving

As for you lot slagging off Brewer it's uncalled for

They were a great team..the Morecambe & Wise of car restoration

I hope Mr China really does have some good things on the horizon

But this is truly the end of an era..it was so much better than fucking Top Gear

I think Brewer is something of a Charlatan to be honest. He has had a longer career on TV than he has had selling cars in the real world. I can live with that because like ( original ) Top Gear Wheeler Dealers is as much entertainment as it is a car show. Edd brought the car element to life though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.