It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least now we have £33.4m refunded after meeting the requirements of UEFA's sanctions imposed in 2014.

Is that correct?

Not really, they withheld €20m in prize money as part of the FFP sanctions, and they could have withheld another €40m if we were still not compliant now.

So it's not like there's a cheque in the post for €40m or that we're getting an unexpected windfall or anything, just that a potential future fine is no longer a possibility

Not really, they withheld €20m in prize money as part of the FFP sanctions, and they could have withheld another €40m if we were still not compliant now.

So it's not like there's a cheque in the post for €40m or that we're getting an unexpected windfall or anything, just that a potential future fine is no longer a possibility

What I thought, cheers

Mail saying we're in for Antoine Griezmann I think tolmie said this a couple of weeks back.

Are we going to see the return of 4-4-2?

GK
RB CB CB LB
Sanchez/Sterling CM CM Sane
Mbappe Jesus

This is about the only valid formation that we can adopt if we manage to sign Sanchez and Mbappe. I have seen a lot of formations consigning Sterling and Sane to RWB and LWB respectively but this has the feeling of wanting to play them just to keep them happy about it as there are a lot of players out there that would do a much better job than them in these positions

Afew points worth noting are as follows:

1. Pep doesn't usually do this
2. Doesn't suit our most creative/best players as only one space would be available to select players like KDB, Gundo and Silva from which is less than ideal
3. There are many other areas in our starting 11 that we need to sort out before breaking the bank for Mbappe AND Sanchez

All things considered I think we are trying make sure we get one of both by keeping our options open rather than focusing on one only to loose out on both at the end of the day

Whether we will get any is another matter altogether so here's hoping

GK
RB CB CB LB
Mbappe Jesus

This is about the only valid formation that we can adopt if we manage to sign Sanchez and Mbappe. I have seen a lot of formations consigning Sterling and Sane to RWB and LWB respectively but this has the feeling of wanting to play them just to keep them happy about it as there are a lot of players out there that would do a much better job than them in these positions

2. Doesn't suit our most creative/best players as only one space would be available to select players like KDB, Gundo and Silva from which is less than ideal
3. There are many other areas in our starting 11 that we need to sort out before breaking the bank for Mbappe AND Sanchez

All things considered I think we are trying make sure we get one of both by keeping our options open rather than focusing on one only to loose out on both at the end of the day

Sadly I agree with these.

GK
RB CB CB LB
Mbappe Jesus

Nope. He won't start with 4-4-2. Might end up throwing a striker on if we need a goal but that's a different matter altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.