It's Quiet - a new dawn

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by tolmie's hairdoo, 20 Mar 2017.

1. domalino

domalino

Not really, they withheld €20m in prize money as part of the FFP sanctions, and they could have withheld another €40m if we were still not compliant now.

So it's not like there's a cheque in the post for €40m or that we're getting an unexpected windfall or anything, just that a potential future fine is no longer a possibility

2. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    What I thought, cheers

3. Blue warrior

Blue warrior

Mail saying we're in for Antoine Griezmann I think tolmie said this a couple of weeks back.

4. Kippax.

Kippax.

WILD, MERCER, MANCINI, PELLEGRINI
    FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
  5. Cookieproof

Cookieproof

English, Drama and Music Teacher; Theatre Director
    Formerly Northenden, Manchester, now Asuncion, Par
    It's in the MEN tonight. So I don't know if that's immediately available.

Edit: Reading domalino's post obviously not but I'm sure it all helps when considering our outlay this summer.

6. Blue warrior

Blue warrior

Mirror reporting it as we're getting a £33 mil refund (not saying they're right)

7. ojeme

ojeme

Are we going to see the return of 4-4-2?

GK
    RB CB CB LB
    Sanchez/Sterling CM CM Sane
    Mbappe Jesus

This is about the only valid formation that we can adopt if we manage to sign Sanchez and Mbappe. I have seen a lot of formations consigning Sterling and Sane to RWB and LWB respectively but this has the feeling of wanting to play them just to keep them happy about it as there are a lot of players out there that would do a much better job than them in these positions

Afew points worth noting are as follows:

1. Pep doesn't usually do this
    2. Doesn't suit our most creative/best players as only one space would be available to select players like KDB, Gundo and Silva from which is less than ideal
    3. There are many other areas in our starting 11 that we need to sort out before breaking the bank for Mbappe AND Sanchez

All things considered I think we are trying make sure we get one of both by keeping our options open rather than focusing on one only to loose out on both at the end of the day

Whether we will get any is another matter altogether so here's hoping

8. Dax777

Dax777

Sadly I agree with these.

9. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    Nope. He won't start with 4-4-2. Might end up throwing a striker on if we need a goal but that's a different matter altogether.

10. ojeme

ojeme

Already mentioned that in my number 1 point which reads 'Pep usually doesn't do this'