Rate this season

3.5/4.

It's a clear failure as a standalone season but is mitigated by the fact Pep has this summer to get it right.

However, his achievements will always be tinged by the fact that he wasn't good enough to win in his first season with what he had, and make the most of his squad and create something great with a lesser squad. He may well win stuff in the end, but it will always be tinged with him having to have a whole squad bought in for him. That dampens down the greatness for me.

We have a top seven squad with a small number of world class players. Other than Dave, Gabriel Jesus, Leroy and maybe KDB, we have no one that is a shoe in for a starting place in next seasons first team. Given that, the season has largely turned out as I had expected. The one thing that has surprised me is the level of bias exercised by match officials which has robbed us of a good few points and the semi final today. Pep will need another two seasons and a level playing field before we are successful.
cant believe youve not got sergio on your list, name me a better striker in the prem

At least as bad as Arsenal's and the rags andvery possibly even worse and they've had shit seasons.

All the good work that Mancini put in place has evaporated,the mentality and ruthless desire seems to have gone and the whole fear factor of playing city at the etihad has gone as well in my opinion,to be honest pep has his work cut out..

Our home record compared to those few seasons is pants now. Then again, of the city of the past 2-3 years, would you be scared of coming to play us?

We have bigger bags of spunk.

We should be able to outspunk every other fucker in this league when it comes down to a straight battle for players.

We should also be able to afford better players than some of the ones we've currently pissed it away on.

Yet the players we have spunked cash on have won 2 league titles, 2 league Cups, and FA Cup and have continually qualified for the CL and managed a CL semi final.

Many are now at the end of their City careers whilst others are just starting and over the next 3/4/5 years will hopefully see a return like ive listed above.

What more do you want?

cant believe youve not got sergio on your list, name me a better striker in the prem
So in your view is he a shoe in for a starting place next season? Evidence from Pep suggests otherwise. Aguero is a club legend, hope he is here next season and for a few more afterwards. Do I think he will start every game, no.

All the good work that Mancini put in place has evaporated,the mentality and ruthless desire seems to have gone and the whole fear factor of playing city at the etihad has gone as well in my opinion,to be honest pep has his work cut out..

Mancini's and Pellegrini's title-winning seasons were characterised with a notion generally held nationwide that when you went to The Etihad yer got beaten. Anybody turns up now and, with a little leg-up from the Whistling Wankers and a fair amount of profligacy on our part, they fancy their chances. It shouldn't be!

Same like last season except the League Cup trophy and a nice CL run we were in the semis last season.

So its not even close to last season based on Cup performances. Based on league its similar as long as we get that 4th place.

But comparing the immense pressure on Pelle for last season on what Pep has had this season, maybe we were wrong to criticize Pelle so many times for so many things. Pep doesnt do many of those things any better. I expected him to do those things better but he doesnt. Not yet, not in his first season.

But both can be blamed for trying to create something with players clearly not capable of. Neither Pelle or Pep tried to take this squad of players and play it to its strengths. Style was clearly much more important than results. We paid the price for it while much more pragmatism won the league for Ranieri and Conte.

Conte didnt care putting Fabregas to the bench a lot and selling Oscar and benching Willian. For us De Bruyne, Silva, Yaya all has to play every game nearly.
Then all the mistakes we made on transfer market, wasting 30-40-50m punds every window for a new CB thats gonna fail or not reach the level we want from him but completely let it rot on the fullback position until we have dinosaours playing there...
Then the GK gaffe from Pep.

Too many mistakes.

Pelle must be thinking you got your big upgrade on the bench instead of me, how arent you much much better than with me last seaon? We are having a worse season clearly.

Its like whats the point selling Clichy and getting Alex Sandro/Alaba for a big transfer fee if Alex Sandro/Alaba wont even put in those mediocre performances like Clichy every match?

Pep under huge pressure to deliver in his second season. Pelle started with a league title, his second season had different dynamics because of this reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.