Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

Worrying that a team as mentally fragile as Arsenal can come from behind and beat us , sadly says a lot about the strength of our present squad
If we'd had fair officiating, we would've buried them.
How is it that a team sponsored by the same sponsor as the FA Cup, has easy games all the way to the semi, yet City, sponsored by a rival airline, get away ties to mainly Prem teams all through the competition?
Then get a referee who facilitates their safe passage to the final....
And they say there's no Agenda!

Having played in every position in defence, from keeper to FB, CB, I would put Bravo at fault for their equaliser, I would've been down at his feet, smothering him and putting my body full stretch, basically busting a gut to block the shot. Swap keepers yesterday, and we would've won at a stroll.

Worrying that a team as mentally fragile as Arsenal can come from behind and beat us , sadly says a lot about the strength of our present squad

Arsenal abandonded their main pricipals of their game and spent 30 mins kicking lumps out of us while being ignored by the ref, poor officiating cost us having a comfortable lead going into half time.

It took them till extra time to score a winner off a set piece, they hardly came back in rip roaring style, stuffy ****s it what I would call it

I find it ironic that those who are so critical of Pep in this thread are not so critical of the referees who's bias has a far bigger impact on the result than any of the tactics employed by Pep.

The ref gives the right decisions, we win, and there is no criticism of Pep.

It's even the small things, Pawson awarded a free kick to us on the edge of the box opposite where I was stood and then only steps out nine paces. On every single aspect of the game our chances are made more and more difficult.

If you're going to have genuine goals chalked off, no amount of 'tactics' or formations are going to be able to counter that, unless of course your expectation is that we should be beating top six sides 3 and 4 nil!?

If we'd had fair officiating, we would've buried them.
How is it that a team sponsored by the same sponsor as the FA Cup, has easy games all the way to the semi, yet City, sponsored by a rival airline, get away ties to mainly Prem teams all through the competition?
Then get a referee who facilitates their safe passage to the final....
And they say there's no Agenda!

I suggest you go and check who sponsors the refs, id sit down while you do though.

I find it ironic that those who are so critical of Pep in this thread are not so critical of the referees who's bias has a far bigger impact on the result than any of the tactics employed by Pep.

The ref gives the right decisions, we win, and there is no criticism of Pep.

It's even the small things, Pawson awarded a free kick to us on the edge of the box opposite where I was stood and then only steps out nine paces. On every single aspect of the game our chances are made more and more difficult.

If you're going to have genuine goals chalked off, no amount of 'tactics' or formations are going to be able to counter that, unless of course your expectation is that we should be beating top six sides 3 and 4 nil!?
I've got no criticisms of Pep for yesterday, no amount of managerial tweaking can legislate for such appalling officiating and thuggery from " free flowing football" Arsenal, who seemed to abandon all footballing principals in favour of 1970's style football hacking.
The whole same sponsor as Arsenal, who were eased gently through to the semi's, and seem to be a perennial fixture ever since it became "The Emirates FA Cup" stinks to high heaven

I've got no criticisms of Pep for yesterday, no amount of managerial tweaking can legislate for such appalling officiating and thuggery from " free flowing football" Arsenal, who seemed to abandon all footballing principals in favour of 1970's style football hacking.
The whole same sponsor as Arsenal, who were eased gently through to the semi's, and seem to be a perennial fixture ever since it became "The Emirates FA Cup" stinks to high heaven

Tbf it's only been the emirates cup last year and this, but you are correct, anyone who blames the team amd Pep for yesterday is daft, we were well and truly sharfted by bad bad refereeing.

Tbf it's only been the emirates cup last year and this, but you are correct, anyone who blames the team amd Pep for yesterday is daft, we were well and truly sharfted by bad bad refereeing.
Serial fouling. There is more coming. But it is annoying our players are unable to make superiority count

Surprised there has not been more made of our lack of fitness as a contributing factor yesterday. Looked absolutely dead on our feet in the main after about 80 minutes.

I know we have a couple of ageing players, but some serious questions to be asked about our fitness regime (or lack of) after yesterday.

I suggest you go and check who sponsors the refs, id sit down while you do though.

Arsenal wi have been in 3 of the 4 FA Cup finals sponsored by heir shirt and stadium sponsor. Might be coincidental but it looks odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.