Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

needs to get far worse than £15 increase before i start with that sort of shit, why boycot something you have paid for, maybe do it for a cup game that you have to pay for as a one off.

If it removes these moaning sods from our match day support I'm all for it.

And this is where a protest should be aimed, if everyone scraps Platinum they lose money, and it can be championed as the fans reacting to price rises. Dropping cup schemes only makes a difference if we get drawn at home, which we rarely do these days.

It's not worth anyone with less than 16000 points having platinum anyway

Well as a serious protest that will hit them in the pocket, I think its the best possible protest. We'll never get a game boycott, and leaving early won't be a protest either, even not coming in until say 20 minutes won't work.

But a concerted campaign for everyone to drop Platinum this summer, hits them in the pocket, it makes a stand, and it hurts no fans in regards away tickets.
If nobody signed up to the cup scheme, they'd have a right panic.

just go in late or leave early like Liverpool did last season, they soon ditched the price increase

The club lost far more revenue from poor cup performances when it counted then the price rise gives them.

Why should the fans pay for Pep's poor season?

Boycotting a Saturday game would give a better message.

You do know that several thousand ticket prices have remained the same, some have even reduced, along with U16 prices being extended to include U18's, and U21's still saving substantially on adult prices with OAP's still less than half price, and apart from a couple of thousand high end seats, most have only increased by less than a quid per game, with a freeze last year. Do you really think there will be a ground swell of support for such action. I for one will be taking my son to next seasons games for less than £50 per game, bargain. The club will lose money overall with this slight increase, particularly when we have a choice as to whether you go Gold or Platinum, they don't force you there, nor do they do so with joining cup schemes. The real losers here are the high end seat occupiers on the second tier East and West stands, some of them have been wolloped again, but as ever, they have a choice, and the club have sought feedback via online questionaires regard various matters involving prices etc. I've certainly seen them and responded. There are unbelievable times ahead, be part of it as a supporter, or just be a fan...?!

Since Sheikh Mansour bought the club and put Soriano in charge of the club season tickets have gone up every season bar this one. And that was due to fans protesting about possible price increases last season. My season ticket used to be £400. It's now nearly £700. That's over £30+ every season since Sheikh Mansour bought the club. Not 2%. Other fans have paid considerably more. Many fans have been turfed out of their seats to accommodate the new breed of supporter that City want. £299 seats are limited. Value gold has been reintroduced to appease fans. They are limited and you do 't get a choice of where you sit. There are more and more empty seats at every home match bar the big games, and even they aren't selling out, even though the OS states sold out. There is no dialogue with the club anymore. The only way the club want to communicate with the fans is via selected fan groups. Loyalty points are now bought. I've done it. Platinum. Double points. Join every cup scheme. 300 loyalty points. All now pointless as Tunnel Club season tickets get an away ticket. United's season tickets have been frozen for 6 seasons. We used to take the piss out of them because of the way their club used to treat their fans and their ticket prices. Not anymore. Some of our matchday tickets against certain teams are more expensive than London ticket prices. Exactly how much more ticket price increases can our working class and local fanbase absorb?

If nobody signed up to the cup scheme, they'd have a right panic.
Yes but it relies on us getting drawn at home, whereas everyone binning platinum saves fans money, and at the same time tells the club that we won't have the piss taken on prices. As a club there is no justification for any rises, whether or not ist small and people can afford it, and its going against the grain of what other clubs are doing too.

A social media protest campaign could get backing from say the FSF, and as others have posted platinum doesn't really benefit many these days anyway, so save £50 of your money. Incidentally it wouldn't help me as I've already dropped it, but get as many others to drop it, and we, the fans make a statement to the club.

Yes but it relies on us getting drawn at home, whereas everyone binning platinum saves fans money, and at the same time tells the club that we won't have the piss taken on prices. As a club there is no justification for any rises, whether or not ist small and people can afford it, and its going against the grain of what other clubs are doing too.

A social media protest campaign could get backing from say the FSF, and as others have posted platinum doesn't really benefit many these days anyway, so save £50 of your money. Incidentally it wouldn't help me as I've already dropped it, but get as many others to drop it, and we, the fans make a statement to the club.
Trouble is, I binnned platinum in 2015, last time they went up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.