It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicker today writes that Jerome Boateng is considering leaving Bayern this summer. He has apparently doubts about how much playing time he will get in the future. Given that he last year signed a new long term contract until 2021 this does not seem to me like a ploy to get a new contract, rather like he is seriously considering. Would you have him back?
Two letter word. One consonant, one vowel.

I dont understand all the jokes about my country. Who you think is better than Neymar? Or answer this question: if you can choose one player to bring in, any player you can just not Messi or Ronaldo, who would you choose?
Hazard, Modric, Marcelo, Chiellini, Verratti, Thiago Silva, Suarez, Robben, Lewandowski, Muller.

You'd hope the key replacements are mostly done at this stage though.

Some are suggesting that's not necessarily the case though & that everyone is going to fuck about.

If we want to replace Yaya for instance, but it's another Pogba 'will he, won't he' situation with te player involved & Yaya is saying "are you giving me a contract or what ?", we could end up with an Arsenal type midfield signing, that does neither one thing nor another & no yaya.

Some are suggesting that's not necessarily the case though & that everyone is going to fuck about.

If we want to replace Yaya for instance, but it's another Pogba 'will he, won't he' situation with te player involved & Yaya is saying "are you giving me a contract or what ?", we could end up with an Arsenal type midfield signing, that does neither one thing nor another & no yaya.
I think we can avoid that by staying clear of Mendes and Raoila. The players contracts are up on the 30th June, that gives us nearly 2 months to get at least player agreement with replacements and hopefully agree fees ala Gundogan and Dinho. We know the key positions are holding mid and fullback so if we can get those 3 done first, any attackers, creative mids or keepers can be allowed to take longer, as it's not the end of the world if we end up walking away from a deal.

The above requires the club having it's priorities straight though and not chasing a shiny new toy in attack all summer before looking to the key positions.

The above requires the club having it's priorities straight though and not chasing a shiny new toy in attack all summer before looking to the key positions.

Haha. You really are petrified Aguero's gonna be sold aren't you ? :)

I agree about steering clear of Mendes and Raiola. I suspect we will. Think player agreements will be pretty straight forward if we avoid those clowns. It's agreeing fees that is gonna be a long old struggle.

Haha. You really are petrified Aguero's gonna be sold aren't you ? :)

I agree about steering clear of Mendes and Raiola. I suspect we will. Think player agreements will be pretty straight forward if we avoid those clowns. It's agreeing fees that is gonna be a long old struggle.
I'm petrified of another season of slow and stagnant football as we've neglected the transitional players in the team in favour of shirt sellers.

It all depends how far the club are willing to go to bring in the players Pep identifies as required additions to his squad.

We've pissed about a lot in the past, and it's expected again, because clubs try and take a to the cleaners. There's always a City premium thrown in and there's basically fuck all we can do but accept it. John Stones was the perfect example.

Regardless, if the club aren't messing around and recognise the urgency, then they'll be more willing to meet the expectations of the clubs and players involved.

It just so happens, with Yaya, you've picked a genuine question mark that few ideal answers seem available for, even without bringing Gundogan into the equation. Zaba/Sagna is in theory easier because quality right backs are more plentiful and City would have to bottle it something shocking not to get at least Kyle Walker this summer.

I'm petrified of another season of slow and stagnant football as we've neglected the transitional players in the team in favour of shirt sellers.

Have we?

Such an odd statement in so many ways. I'd call our football anything stagnant and nobody comes close to selling the shirts/merch that Sergio does. I think on the Etihad tour they said 7 out of every 10 numbered shirts printed are Kun Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.