Wimbledon

Utter shite like rudgby union, that most probably the majority of the country couldn't give 2 fucks about.

BBC paid 280m for four years coverage, Sky juat paid tge same for all English cricket, I would ratger that they had bought that and let sky have the tennis

Utter shite like rudgby union, that most probably the majority of the country couldn't give 2 fucks about.

BBC paid 280m for four years coverage, Sky juat paid tge same for all English cricket, I would ratger that they had bought that and let sky have the tennis

Cricket is the worst sport to watch by far.

I managed to get a freebie trip to Wimbledon a few years ago. What stood out for me was the contrast between the singles matches between the top seeds which were incredibly intense and some of the mixed doubles played on the outside courts which had the atmosphere of a double date.

I managed to get a freebie trip to Wimbledon a few years ago. What stood out for me was the contrast between the singles matches between the top seeds which were incredibly intense and some of the mixed doubles played on the outside courts which had the atmosphere of a double date.

doubles is pretty awful

ladies (short skirt aside) doesn't make great viewing

Mens is awesome

agree with others on here, Djokavic at 5/1 is big

There have been some very memorable champions over the years. I'm not that partial to Sue Barker but her documentary about Wimbledon was very watchable. It was good to see champions like Rod Laver, Roy Emerson, John Newcombe, Arthur Ash, Borg, John Mac, Jimmy Conners, Becker. So many big characters in the sport. I suppose it must be the mental strength you need to win majors that made them more interesting than the average footballer. Went to Wimbledon once on corporate hospitality, absolutely loved it. One of my best ever days at a sporting event. Something absolutely unique about the atmosphere and the tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.