Alexis Sanchez and Aguero

True. I hope that he can continue the way that he did towards the end. But his season taken as a whole was poor by his usual standards.

Yeah yeah. Fucking amazing how he scored all those goals. Best tally for a season. Hope his form drops some more this season,
he'll score even more. Sure he had some poor games, but didn't the whole team.

Yeah yeah. Fucking amazing how he scored all those goals. Best tally for a season. Hope his form drops some more this season,

Are you really so blind as to not be able to see he had a pretty bad season despite the 30 goals?

If Gabriel Jesus hadn't broken his foot, I think there's a very high likelihood Aguero would be out the door this summer, and I'm really glad in retrospect that Aguero got that chance to prove he could do what Pep wanted.

He scored 15 in his last 17 games, and 9 in the first 4 games, between that he scored...about 9 in 27, which is awful for a player like him in a team like ours.

If Aguero played like he had done in the last few months, with the chances the team were creating, he'd have scored 60 last season and we might have won the league. That's why he had a bad season and still scored 30.

Last edited:

In terms of the PL, his goals per 90 dipped from his usual 0.90-1.00 to 0.75, which is still very good but below par for a player like Kun.

People need to remember that this was a season of adaption for him under Pep. He was scoring a goal every game from the end of Feb onwards and his link up play improved in that time too. Infact he made 5 of his 6 assists in that time.

Just so we can nip this in the bud (data from Squawka):

ZUo25ZF.png

Of the top strikers in the league he had the second highest inside to outside the box shot ratio but the lowest shot accuracy and conversion rate. If you want to argue that this was a great season for him then you need to explain away the data which shows conclusively otherwise.

That's exactly what I think the deal is with Aguero.

I think the mystery contract extention is a safeguard against a Sanchez situation. If he wants to go to Argy, he goes. If he changes his mind, he is instantly contracted to City for another year, after which his value will be much lower.

Just my opinion of what's going on.

I'm not sure there isn't a little more to it than that. DeGea was all but done to Madrid last year but the rags procrastinated, fucked about and when all else failed pretended the fax machine was knackered.

The result was that he stayed, signed a new contract and the heat died down. Arsenal fans may be hoping that if they can do the same, the outcome may be the same.

* sorry was responding to a previous post about Arsenal's situation with Sanchez

Just so we can nip this in the bud (data from Squawka):

ZUo25ZF.png

Of the top strikers in the league he had the second highest inside to outside the box shot ratio but the lowest shot accuracy and conversion rate. If you want to argue that this was a great season for him then you need to explain away the data which shows conclusively otherwise.

More interested in his stats from February onwards.

Are you really so blind as to not be able to see he had a pretty bad season despite the 30 goals?

If Gabriel Jesus hadn't broken his foot, I think there's a very high likelihood Aguero would be out the door this summer, and I'm really glad in retrospect that Aguero got that chance to prove he could do what Pep wanted.

He scored 15 in his last 17 games, and 9 in the first 4 games, between that he scored...about 9 in 27, which is awful for a player like him in a team like ours.

If Aguero played like he had done in the last few months, with the chances the team were creating, he'd have scored 60 last season and we might have won the league. That's why he had a bad season and still scored 30.

A lot of the chances he had were total shit though. They were the kind of chances where it was amazing he actually got a shot off, the kind of chances other strikers can't even create. Go back and rewatch the games, he was flying solo in the box for that poor stretch. Not much he could do, and yes he missed some sitters but last seasons failures were not because of him.

So Sergio had a bad season. But your glad he proved to pep that he can play his way.

I honestly think you just go from thread to thread trolling people.

One of, or if not the most arrogant fucker on this forum.

A lot of the chances he had were total shit though. They were the kind of chances where it was amazing he actually got a shot off, the kind of chances other strikers can't even create. Go back and rewatch the games, he was flying solo in the box for that poor stretch. Not much he could do, and yes he missed some sitters but last seasons failures were not because of him.

That's just not true, he missed plenty of sitters, and dozens of chances the usual Sergio would have scored. Not to mention a lot of the time the reason he had less of a chance is because he was out of position when he was struggling to take part in the build up and get on the end of moves as well.

There's a statistical way to prove that of course, his number of goals vs. Expected goals - I'm not sure where to find that stat though.

So Sergio had a bad season. But your glad he proved to pep that he can play his way.

I honestly think you just go from thread to thread trolling people.

One of, or if not the most arrogant fucker on this forum.

Sergio did have a bad season overall.

I am delighted he's shown he can play the Pep way because now he'll be in our team next season and likely score a lot more goals for us, and we're much stronger with him and his experience in the squad even if Jesus is Guardiola's first choice.

Don't know how you find that so hard to grasp, it's a pretty simple concept.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.