La Liga want Man City investigation

He's never great for Argentina and he's never had raw pace.
I know but he was getting caught in possession. The best player for Agentina was Angel Di maria but he went off with a hamstring early on.

Wasn't a good night for PSG as Thiago Silva picked up a hamstring injury as well late on.

I watched all of the Columbia v Brazil and Argentina v Venezuela and the standout players were Neymar and James Rodriguez. It wasn't one of Neymar's best games but he still showed some amazing bits of skill. Jesus livened things up when he came on but towards the end Brazil seemed to settle for a point

Marvin - why was Aguero not used in either of Argentina's matches? They drew them both when they desperately needed a win and to leave one of your main assets sitting on the bench seems strange?
It now looks like they may struggle to qualify and that could signal the end of the international career for a few of their players

The difference there is Marvin that neither Messi or Sanchez ever relied on pace, it was just another string to their bow.
Sanchez had exceptional power. Probably a defining aspect of his game. Messi has unmatched technique, but if you don't have the burst of pace to take advantage of the bit of skill that's thrown the defender off balance then the dribbling and jinking runs come to nothing. Time and time again the defenders got back to him. It was very disappointing as a football fan to watch. I've loved watching Messi over the years.

We need to find young players not ageing stars. Players like Sane and Jesus.

We'll see how Messi gets on this season. From what I have seen he is going to struggle.

Marvin - why was Aguero not used in either of Argentina's matches? They drew them both when they desperately needed a win and to leave one of your main assets sitting on the bench seems strange?
It now looks like they may struggle to qualify and that could signal the end of the international career for a few of their players
He's been out of the Argentinian picture for a while. Icardi and Dybala played. Icardi scored Argentina's equaliser. I didn't watch to the end. He may have come on as a late sub but I don't think so. Argentina were the better team, and should have won. I don't think Aguero is the livewire he once was.

Argentina have two remaining games in their World Cup qualifiers. As it stands they are 5th and heading to the Play Offs. They might not even make the play offs because Chile are a point behind them. Drawing at home to Venezuela was a huge setback for them. Venezuela are bottom of the group

Last edited:
Sanchez had exceptional power. Probably a defining aspect of his game. Messi has unmatched technique, but if you don't have the burst of pace to take advantage of the bit of skill that's thrown the defender off balance then the dribbling and jinking runs come to nothing. Time and time again the defenders got back to him. It was very disappointing as a football fan to watch. I've loved watching Messi over the years.

We need to find young players not ageing stars. Players like Sane and Jesus.

We'll see how Messi gets on this season. From what I have seen he is going to struggle.

We need goals here and now, there's not enough in this squad.

The most defining aspect of both their games is their dribbling ability. Neither have lost that. Sanchez also has a tenacity that very few others share that sets him apart. Both these players have 3/4 years left at the very top.

Watched 1st half of Argentina v Venezuela last night, we should stay well clear of Messi and I am not joking. All the tricks are there but the acceleration is going. Another Sanchez/Aguero. Only Ronaldo seems to be able to keep the effects of age at bay.

If you watched him regularly he was possibly in the best form of his life last season. He didn't get his highest goals or assists numbers, but he singled handedly carries barca in a way he's rarely done before, and has masked the massive decline in both Iniesta and Suarez. He's their main creative option in midfield and he's scoring 54 goals in 52 games.

The most defining aspect of both their games is their dribbling ability. Neither have lost that. Sanchez also has a tenacity that very few others share that sets him apart. Both these players have 3/4 years left at the very top.

There are goals in this squad, absolutely loads of them.

The main question should be why we aren't scoring as many of them as we should be & how do we fix it, not who can we buy, in case we can solve it by spending money instead of management.

OK. This is opinion. A young sanchez or Messi would have been unbelievable and exactly what we need. My prediction is that both players are going to struggle to match previous seasons. It's quite conceivable that neither will be at the World Cup in the Summer.

There are goals in this squad, absolutely loads of them.

The main question should be why we aren't scoring as many of them as we should be & how do we fix it, not who can we buy, in case we can solve it by spending money instead of management.

I appreciate that side of it mate, coach them to get the best out of them. What concerns me is if you take what these players have done previously in terms of goals scored on average in a season then we're lacking around 15-20 goals to take us to the title.

We really need some of them to step up big time on this front if we're to be celebrating next May.

I appreciate that side of it mate, coach them to get the best out of them. What concerns me is if you take what these players have done previously in terms of goals scored on average in a season then we're lacking around 15-20 goals to take us to the title.

We really need some of them to step up big time on this front if we're to be celebrating next May.
KDB, Jesus, Aguero, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Sane, Sterling all can score goals. They wont all because you can't fit them all into attacking positions. Guardiola has to find a settled line up and rotate around it and Jesus should be the centre-piece.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.