City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Scousers have form for this type of behavior, didn't they attack the ambulance that was carrying a rag with a broken leg to hospital after one game at Anfield.

A mate of mine who supports Liverpool still finds it hilarious that Alan Smith broke his leg at Anfield. No matter what I say to him he won't see that it's quite a pathetic way to think.

Haven't seen anyone really talking about this but thought it was worth a mention. Mangala - I thought he did well when he came in. Looked a little more comfortable than on previous occasions and played a few nice simple passes plus one key pass leading to a goal. Always liked him and would love for him to do well here and prove people wrong. Can't see it happening mind, but would love it.

As an advocate of Mangala being given a chance, I unfortunately have to strongly disagree.

Passing was fine, but, as nothing was on the game anymore, I just made a point of watching Mangala (I have a perfect position for watching our, often dreadful, defensive line) & he only had about 4 real defensive actions, which he got pretty much all wrong. Just not seeing the flight of the ball correctly, like when you see a cricketer & you know he's fucked up & is going to drop the catch, that was Mangala.

On one occasion, his pace (& a team mate) rescued the situation, but the same misjudgement v Mane etc would have been even worse than Otamendi.

I want him to make it, but the few minutes he had, showed why he was sent out on loan, not his passing, his judgement.

The dippers have out hustled, outran and outgunned us for the last few games. Not yesterday, for me our high press far outdid their high press. They had two players that caused us trouble, we had players all over the pitch fucking them up. Another of our bogey teams put to bed
This.

For some reason plenty of teams seem to be frightened of Liverpool (Perhaps its because of their outlets in the media!) but they are very poor. Klopp has done nothing with the team, go toe to toe with them and you will win. They are severely lacking in quality in midfield and in defence, they have fast forwards but I have seen on more than one occasion they are simply headless chickens. Their is no winners in their team so its hardly surprising they have bottled every final they have been in, they had a serial match winner in Coutinho but it won't be long before he leaves.

Mendys crosses are going to be a fantastic asset this season, thought he was superb yesterday.

Agree. Klippety had nobody mark him at any point and he destroyed em down that left flank with the link up play and superb crosses.

Considering the media have given him 6s across the board, lets hope they continue to do so and nobody cottons on.

EDIT: that's probably doing him a bit of a disservice because I think he's got enough about him to play around that.

Had Mane got there first, touched the ball over the keeper and then followed through with the same injury, would he still have got a red?

By the letter of the law, yes as its a reckless challenge that endangers an opponent.

Plenty win the ball in tackles on the ground and collect a player after but they get a yellow or red card because its deemed as reckless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.