Espanyol: 27,4

Las Palmas: 27,5

Sevilla: 27,5

Atlético: 27,5

Eibar: 27,6

Deportivo: 27,6

Getafe: 27,9

Leganés: 28

I was looking at an article in the MUEN about players of the month etc. They were talking about Brahim Diaz and how he is up for player of the month the under 21 league. As per normal with the MUEN they managed to get their sly little dig in about the club not having managed to progress youth team players into the first team (it crops up all the time whenever they have the chance).
I started to wonder if once Pep has won something significant, will he then start to think he can take mor regular risks and bring forward players like Diaz et al that seem to be doing so well at U21/U23/EDS level ....I know there is a considerable jump between any of those levels and the first team but i wonder if he will be more willing to take a gamble at time once he has a trophy in his cabinet??????????

Permission to make a totally anal post?

When people say "average", they are usually referring implicitly to the arithmetic mean. However, the median is a more meaningful statistic in many situations, including this one.

Regrettably, this observation will be lost on most commentators.

Last edited:

When people say "average", they are usually referring implicitly to the arithmetic mean. However, the median is a more meaningful statistic in many situations, including this one.

This is absolutely true. Problem is sites always use the mean and it would take a while to look up all the medians though transfermarkt would be the best bet.

agreed about it being lost on most commentators , I know the difference ,but to the less educated people here could you explain further ,just for the thickos on here of course and not me , oh no I'm fully aware of the terms you are using, no no just for the thickos

agreed about it being lost on most commentators , I know the difference ,but to the less educated people here could you explain further ,just for the thickos on here of course and not me , oh no I'm fully aware of the terms you are using, no no just for the thickos

The mean is determined by adding up all the ages and dividing by the total number of players.

The median is determined by lining the players up in age order and picking the age of the middle player.

City have a mean of 26.9 and a median of 26.7

The mean is determined by adding up all the ages and dividing by the total number of players.

The median is determined by linining the players up in age order and picking the age of the middle player.

City have a mean of 26.9 and a median of 26.7
why are you explaining it to me ,i already knew the meanings of mean and median

cheers :)

why are you explaining it to me ,i already knew the meanings of mean and median

cheers :)

Haha no problem. Mean stats are here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/startseite/verein/281 though they don't include players that rarely play so no Foden Diaz or Tosin which would bring our age down further. Same for all squads though so it's still a reasonable comparison.

City's squad is of average age whichever way you look at it. It was extremely old last season though.

think weve done really well getting the age of the squad down,

still like a couple more players but think weve got a very good all-round squad. younger and better squad imo than last year ,think next seasons squad will be even better .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.