Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

I think it changed when SS3 was opened as people relocated for cheap ST so these hard core areas were broken up a bit. SS3 has its moments but it's not great and to be honest despite the cheap tickets up there, I don't think that has made any difference to the atmosphere and it certainly doesn't help the early leavers etc. A lot of people up in SS3 spend more time in the bar than watching the game
They should have created the 1894 singing section up there for me, there's plenty who will sing up there even now, but had the "singing section" been located there, the atmosphere would have been far better, the proximity of the roof helps greatly.

They should have created the 1894 singing section up there for me, there's plenty who will sing up there even now, but had the "singing section" been located there, the atmosphere would have been far better, the proximity of the roof helps greatly.
I agree, also the block is larger so greater numbers there together singing under the roof

well thank you! its not easy waking up on a sunday or saturday morning at 7 am to watch games halfway across the world when youve been drinking the night before. hell its even harder watching weekday games sitting in an office! i often have to be on high alert my boss doesnt walk over and see the game on my screen haha

it is one of my goals to get over to one game a year, as a 27 year old with a wedding coming up it isnt completely possible yet!

The year we played Hull City on Boxing Day, I was in Vancouver & we got up at 5.30 am to watch. My son & his family, like you, regularly get up early. And my son watches in his office similar to you! He & his wife had season tickets before emigrating & are bringing their girls up the City way!

Good luck in your ambition to get over for your game a year but let’s hope you choose a week when we play 2 games!!

that could have worked. for me though sitting in level 1, ss3 feels quite removed from the rest of the ground when they sing. what we should have done after building the extension was merged tier 1 and 2 of the south stand together. then both would sing together more easily and wed have a big enough singing area.

Last edited:
that could have worked. for me though sitting in level 1, ss3 feels quite removed from the rest of the ground when they sing. what we should have done after building the extension was merged tier 1 and 2 of the south stand together. then both would sing together more easily and wed have a big enough singing area.
Tier 2 is designated for corporate, not currently the case in SS, but it will be when the NS is extended.

Had the singing area been put in SS3 it would have worked, because of the roof, and the noise created would have spread elsewhere, the limited area in SS1 can't really be heard in SS3 I'm afraid, and regularly the songs in SS1 and SS3 don't integrate well..

Also anyone that is worried about the view in SS3 (I'm row S in 315), its great, I've never had a better view in any stadium.

Tier 2 is designated for corporate, not currently the case in SS, but it will be when the NS is extended.

Had the singing area been put in SS3 it would have worked, because of the roof, and the noise created would have spread elsewhere, the limited area in SS1 can't really be heard in SS3 I'm afraid, and regularly the songs in SS1 and SS3 don't integrate well..

Also anyone that is worried about the view in SS3 (I'm row S in 315), its great, I've never had a better view in any stadium.

Agree the noise in SS1 doesn't reach SS3.

View is great in SS3

Agree the noise in SS1 doesn't reach SS3.

View is great in SS3

Its not a dig at SS1 but in all honesty nothing transmits from SS1 upwards.

Again it is too late now but splitting the ground up into tiers has certainly not helped the atmosphere. Adding corporate in between will probably just make it worse again

I welcome all our new fans,and i think its great that we attract any new fans at all.Better get use to it now peps in charge,i had no choice but to support city dad and grandad took me in late 60s and early seventies,apart from breaks due to playing football never stopped going.
Our new fans are choosing city now cos of the story,and pep has took us to a new level,lets all enjoy the ride together its going to be so exciting.
Lets all sing louder....

People were leaving even earlier than normal on Saturday.

Absolutely loads leaving the SS at 80 minutes.

Some just can't get out of the habit of it because they see it their routine.

With injury time you're potentially missing 15 minutes of the match.

i know its designated as corporate. i think that was a huge mistake, having a corporate area in between in whats meant to be our loudest sections, its full of away fans now as well from when I've been in it and no one ever sings in it. if people in ss2 sang and joined in with ss1 then you'd be able to hear them and join the sections together.

i dont think they would have ever allowed ss3 to stand and thats why it would never be allowed as a singing section. as i said in my previous post i feel like ss3 feels to far removed from the rest of the ground. when you do sing up there it sounds far away. i honestly think unless we create a proper home end that is actually big enough, we will never improve it. you've got ss1 broken up by away fans and a colin bell stand that never sings.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.