Work/Life Balance

The money is a bonus Mat,nothing more,it certainly wasn't my motivation.Obviously long term job security is a concern but mainly i've done it because i like to prove myself in life and this seems another fantastic challenge.I too have always been customer/public facing,so not having that constant interaction will be different.

Thanks for the well wishes.
At least it’ll keep you on the right track in life

/ I’ll get my coat

Mine is shot to shit.

It's what I'm going to do about it that's the issue. Can't go on like this its unsustainable as I've pointed out to my manager many, many times

I have been a train guard for the past 3 years.As of tomorrow i start as a train driver.

I was in the Ambulance service 13 years,the railway offered me,and half a dozen of my colleagues from the same station,an escape from that.

Being a paramedic is a very stressful and often thankless occupation,it tests every part of your make up and your emotions and,while there are good times,they are infrequent as almost everyday you leave work in a frustrated,angry or even a depressive state - i was at breaking point both mentally and physically.

So...while i wouldn't say don't become a Paramedic,please make sure your daughter is fully aware of the impact it will have on every aspect of her life.
Paramedics take an incredible amount of shit, the public would be horrified if they knew the behaviour and aggression levelled at them daily, and they are only there to help people. The amount of assaults committed on them and the level of hostility is beyond, I am amazed anyone stays in that job and they have my utmost respect. It doesnt help that the ambulance service is woefully underfunded by this joke of a government, the austerity cuts have cost lives and putting people at risk. Ring an ambulance in an emergency and there is a significant chance you will get one sometime later that day. The paramedics take the brunt of the shit then, and it is isnt fair.

Thank fuck there are so many pussies in the UK, helped me to get where i am, retire at 45/50 ? Get a grip guys...

I don't get your point? If you can retire young and travel and see the word and still have freedom, interests, social interaction and have money to have a decent standard of living why wouldn't you?

I don't get your point? If you can retire young and travel and see the word and still have freedom, interests, social interaction and have money to have a decent standard of living why wouldn't you?
Boring thats why mate, there is only so much you can travel etc, I have my own business so it doesn't feel like work just incredibly exciting, rollercoaster, you name it.
That's why you need job satisfaction in life...

Boring thats why mate, there is only so much you can travel etc, I have my own business so it doesn't feel like work just incredibly exciting, rollercoaster, you name it.
That's why you need job satisfaction in life...

Lol. Travel the world, watch City and have hobbies boring?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.