The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I wouldn't be shocked to see a walk back from City next couple days, much as I thought it impossible.

Uefa were speaking to us yesterday and it sounds like we may have been offered something to break away from the breakaway.

Football politics, eh?

Also, keep an eye on Infantino. We are much more closely aligned to him and even discussed a Super League of sorts with him which would have seen Soft Bank put up the funds, a firm Abu Dhabi has a big stake in.
SL "contract" can be broken easily. Given this new information I'm guessing City will pull out in coming days given the literal nuclear fallout since Sunday afternoon and could end up being held in high regard
Once City pull out this whole house of cards begins to fall. Room for some optimism.

I think city have been pushed into a corner and I hope they change there mind
Would them bent yank owners released the statement on Sunday if either 1 was top of the league or still in champs league semi? I know the rags could still mathematically win league and in 2nd rate euro semi but still worth a thought

It's a club most of us don't recognise anymore.
Apart from the sky blue shirts, this doesn't feel like the Manchester City we know and love.
The elephant in the room I suspect. I’ll be willing to bet there are a majority of blues, of a certain vintage, who feel this way. I certainly do. Every year since the takeover I’ve somehow felt slightly more disenfranchised. Don’t get me wrong, the football at times has been breathtaking and being in for world class players was a pipe dream when we were in the 3rd tier. But back in ‘99 it still felt like our club; yes we were shit, so what? Have another beer and laugh or moan. No I wasn’t at York (must’ve been the only one) but losing at Lincoln was a particular low point. I guess the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for.

and the guaranteed 100 of millions for 23 years says to me this will go ahead!

if you play it out with this super league>

premier will not kick out the six teams

there will be still a uefa European league competition.

5 clubs across the big leagues can qualify for this super league, so say winning the premier will get you in!

The closed shop is the one thing that is wrong!
Absolute bollocks.

My son asked me yesterday morning - "Dad, if only 12 are in the Super League now, why are 6 of them from England?"

The simple answer is that they have the most money. If you are rich therefore, you can play.

It's the very definition of a closed shop. They expected PSG, Bayern and Dortmund to make up the 15 and then the 5 qualifying places are the scraps to try to convince idiots that it isn't a closed shop.

Oh I won't forgive them, not for the silence, the audacity of even thinking of entering such a group, all I care about is keeping the club where it belongs. I've lost a lot of respect for ADUG that will be difficult in getting back. I don't believe they have the fans in mind in any future decisions of the club anymore.

But the players, the manager, the staff and the fans don't deserve my vitriol; I just want it assured that MCFC is kept far away from this Supa Leeg as possible. ADUG can sell us and move on for all I care.

Great post and my exact feelings, they are just shitty landlords to me now.

Bang on, they’ve seriously underestimated the strength of feeling against this farce and the momentum against ot will just gather pace, i honestly think it’s dead in the water already, this has galvanised every right thinking football supporter, i know greed is a strong emotion bit how could so many so called clever businessmen get it so badly wrong.

Feeling this myself today. The response to this has been little short of biblical. For all the scenarios this group played out as expected opposition to this plan, I can't imagine it included Boris Johnson immediately shitting on it. I think given no Germans, no French, if even just Chelsea and ourselves pull out this whole thing becomes akin to a glorified club world cup. Would be great if we could get Spurs on board too but being the ones who probably stand to gain the most that's a tough sell.

Lots of misinformation floating about, there's a few things to consider.

1. City are not leaving the Premierleague (unless thrown out which is highly unlikely).
2. The UEFA CL will still exist.
3. We're quitting the UEFA competition and swapping to ESL (don't recall United being persecuted for trying the European cup).
4. The ESL clubs have already submitted court orders against the "blockers" of this idea, like FIFA & UEFA.

All this City must turn back will not happen. I don't like the closed shop idea either, but one by one the big clubs will arrive in the ESL (Bayern/PSG etc) and the CL will wither on the vine.

Interesting perspective.

I must say, it’s a mark of the strange times we’re living through when City fans are using UEFA and ‘trusted’ in the same sentence.

As far as I can see, UEFA, Bayern, Dortmund and PSG have spent the last decade trying to cripple my club, so the last thing I’d call that option is ‘trusted’

And looking at their proposal for a revamped CL, clubs would still qualify based on ‘historic performance’, which reads like a closed shop to me. Liverpool can still finish 8th in the PL and get a place in the CL - which devalues the League just as much as the ESL!

The one significant difference is the number of clubs who can qualify - I accept that is far more favourable through the new CL. Although with the number of games, I still see that ultimately as an existential threat to the PL.

I guess it’s a case of ‘would you like me to chop off your left foot or your left hand’ - both are absolutely horrendous, but different people will view one as better than the other.

I’m just sick that these are the only two choices we have, and in my view both are morally reprehensible and a threat to the League - so I don’t see this ‘do the right thing’ argument as bearing any relation to reality!

There is no right thing here - just two wrongs!
UEFA was the vehicle used by the elite to stop us, look at the true bad boys, David Gill, JP Harvey and co for the real problem, and they are now our new "best" mates.

Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) Tweeted:
Hearing the first cracks may be beginning to appear in the ugly, misshapen edifice of the ESL. Told two English clubs are close to losing their nerve.

Come on City do the right thing.

What a disgraceful way of reporting it when we are all desperate for any/some of the 6 to show strength and do the right thing. He should be using the platform he has in the media, to ask/beg that someone does the right thing. Reporting that any of these clubs are showing weakness by considering backing out is completely the wrong message.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.