It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Alvarez is a huge talent but also a young kid moving to a different culture for the first time.

He is without doubt an exciting signing but let's not go overboard on him at this time, we have seen with Grealish's first season, integrating into this team is far from easy.

If Felix is available I would think we will be all over the deal, an incredible talent and for me the ideal Pep/City player.

Not to be rude, but I don't need my expectations managing when it comes to Alvarez. I've spoken to enough people who have watched him enough to know that he will have an impact next season. That's all that matters to me. Appreciate that others will see it differently, but I'm not going overboard when I say he's a mouthwatering prospect because he is IMO.

As I've said before, the idea that we add Felix to a front line with Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, and Cole Palmer seems almost ludicrous. I also think the idea that we'd be "all over" a deal at that level (75 million plus) with all the other business we're doing seems far fetched at best.

Our attacking options are insanely good and I don't think there's room for Felix. Especially when you consider how many top class players would end up on the bench.

100% haha. Although tbf everyone and their mum was writing Grealish was coming. I was in severe denial. With Felix it’s different. So far no one has written a credible story that we’re in for him this summer.
Was there any credible story written about Bernardo prior to him signing?

Alvarez could blow this conversation out the water. My mouth is watering at the prospect of him. I like the "think of Tevez when he came to England" comparison rather than the Gabriel Jesus one. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I think Alvarez hits the ground running. Be interested to see if he plays wide initially or whether Pep just uses him as a pure central striker.
Very much in agreement with this. Not wanting to get my expectations too high and I'm not saying Alvarez is gonna have a Sergio-style debut season or anything like that, but I've watched him a fair bit throughout the season and really think this kid is something special. Hungry, energetic, good movement, fantastic finishing, I can't wait to see him, personally. And I think it's such a great time for him to come in, as well, as all eyes are gonna be on Haaland, so that will allow Julian to settle in and show us what he can do without too much pressure.

Was there any credible story written about Bernardo prior to him signing?

We were rebuilding an entire squad at the time. I tend to view these things through the prism of what is already available at the club. But you're absolutely right, nobody had a clue about the Bernardo signing, so in terms of transfers that makes anything possible!

Arsenal will step up their pursuit of Gabriel Jesus, after Mikel Arteta made the #ManCity forward his top striker target. Representatives for the 25-year-old have been in England this week for talks, with Tottenham and Juventus also interested.

About felix, I dont see where he would really fit considering he mainly plays central and we have haaland and Alvarez for those positions already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.