Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3,150 left with 2 blocks to release, the last block released had around 1,025, so with slightly bigger blocks 2,100 remain in storage.

26k are likely to be sold.
I admire your blind optimism, but there is absolutely now way have we sold 26,000 tickets! In fact here is the deal, if we sell out on this I will donate £100 to a charity of your choice, and I'm so confident your figures of sales are so ridiculously incorrect, that I am not even going to ask you to reciprocate the deal for us not selling out.

In short, we have never sold out any Charity Shield game at Wembley and I've been to every one. The closest we managed was v United, and that was when Wembley was a novelty and they were considered our major rival. Even on that day you could buy upper tier tickets from the Wembley box office and at least one and a half blocks on the upper tier were unsold.

That game was on a Sunday but K.O. was 2.30pm. There also wasn't a cost of living crisis to boot!

I admire your blind optimism, but there is absolutely now way have we sold 26,000 tickets! In fact here is the deal, if we sell out on this I will donate £100 to a charity of your choice, and I'm so confident your figures of sales are so ridiculously incorrect, that I am not even going to ask you to reciprocate the deal for us not selling out.

In short, we have never sold out any Charity Shield game at Wembley and I've been to every one. The closest we managed was v United, and that was when Wembley was a novelty and they were considered our major rival. Even on that day you could buy upper tier tickets from the Wembley box office and at least one and a half blocks on the upper tier were unsold.

That game was on a Sunday but K.O. was 2.30pm. There also wasn't a cost of living crisis to boot!
We weren't treble winning European champions with a superstar striker back then...

My bet on here weeks ago was that we would take at least 25k or I would show my arse in Burtons window.

I have been following the planner. It seems legit. Actually the penalty shoot out against Liverpool was a bigger turnout. I’ve been to them all.

We weren't treble winning European champions with a superstar striker back then...

My bet on here weeks ago was that we would take at least 25k or I would show my arse in Burtons window.
Also was 12 years ago, our fanbase has grown alot since then....you only have to look at social media to see that, we have gained 2 million followers on Instagram since the champions league final for example

I am just interested in the demand dynamics and data. Demand is off the scale right now. Sales are slowing but it still around 500 per hour.

I know there are different routes to tickets, however ST holders only bought about 3k off the ticket site, and Members already well over 20k. Anyone can become a member today and buy 4, there will be several thousand to new members and their F&F.

L3. Highlighted blocks. 2845 tickets remain on sale.

Some of the L3 centre blocks have nearly sold out. The greyed out blocks on L3 near the halfway line on each side aren’t on sale yet. Neither are the greyed out blocks on L2. There have been some sales on L2. As for the L1 blocks, they look as if they have sold out. But it’s hard to tell as City often chop and change blocks, and open them for sale randomly. We’ll get a better idea in the coming days as the rush that has happened today will settle down. But it’s fair to say there have been quite a few tickets sold today.

0DDC540B-446E-4C9E-8D4D-884F5F53AE04.png

Burtons doesn’t exist anymore on the high street. A better place would be the new City store in the Arndale Centre.

1894 have done a huge service getting the time changed from 1730 to 1600 and it has undoubtedly opened the door for more fans, who may have not of bothered, to consider going. (We'll never know). That should be something to celebrate. But if there is a large turnout, you see it as a defeat. I find that a bit strange.

I don't see it as a defeat exactly. It's just a missed opportunity to make a positive change. The positive view is that we have a brilliant fanbase and incredibly loyal supporters.

The more negative view (which I unfortunately share) is that we've missed an opportunity to make a real statement about how fans are treated in the game. Secondly, us 'regulars' will become less important as the club grows. We'll keep seeing ticket price hikes because if I don't go, the club knows someone else will. That's why I'm quite pessimistic about this potentially brilliant attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.