Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

If you like walking football, Grealish is yer man, indeed.

Me? I like chaos AND control. It's not the oxymoron it appears.

With Doku, he has the ability to draw players and commit them, freeing up our forward players for strikes in the pen box.

Grealish slows down the play allowing more cover in the pen box, which forces our players out to start again more than have a pop at goal.

I'm going to assume the strike rate/ chances on goal goes up for Doku on the pitch over Grealish and in the short time at City, Doku has made the greater impact for our forward line.

In my opinion.
I like Doku but Grealish is the better option at the moment for me as his defensive discipline is way better.
I reckon Doku will develop but its no surprise to me that Doku in the team created a period of defensive instability down the LB channel.

Both are great players and Doku will settle and learn. I'm not writing him off at all.

The motors are starting to hum in unison and we've gone up a notch. The first half was good - albeit the score didn't reflect that. Second half we weren't messing about. So enjoyable that - apart from John's injury.
Correct.
Their goal was against the run of play and two clumsy attempts to bring the ball under our control led up to it.
Their goal affected our composure and simultaneously gave them confidence that they might even go on to win.
Eddies save was a significant moment in regaining our composure.
I don't think any team could have dealt with our determination in the second half.
The destination of the title is still in our hands and we are world champions after all.

Doku has been here mere months, the same argument was on here when grealish came, not good enough for the first team blah blah blah.

Pep plays with a squad not a set 11, if Pep thinks it's needed Doku will start, personally I would play Jeremy on the right and Jack on the left in the same 11
Yeah, i like doku alot, as anyone can see from my doku thread posts. He's super exciting. I am simply saying jack starts ahead of him in my 11. Weird the inference that i think doku is not good when i have never said it ever. Welcome to the internet i guess.

Good result for us. We were really up against it. Their fans, the ref, the occasion, our injuries, our form. And we won quite handsomely.

Not mithered if it was or wasnt a penalty, sometimes they are sometimes not.

PGMOL and VAR have totally fuckerd up the handball rule. It used to be "Ball to hand" or "Hand to ball". Nothing inbetween, no confusion. I mean when the heck did a ball brushing someones arm mean "a goal was prevented", a foul was commited therefore a penalty should take place. victim claim culture I blame.
I remember the ball barely touching Anelkas' gloved hand as he was about to put in a cross from which Goater scored, against the rags,
the 'goal' being chalked off as a result.
Ball to hand?
Hand to ball?
Still rankles.

Was lots of real positive signs last night I thought. Foden was brilliant again in the middle and a real threat in the game, Grealish was also a real threat and was one of the key players to step up after we conceded. And Alvarez had his best game for a while. Looks much better when playing as a 9. Can Pep find a way to play him and Haaland as a pair. Who knows. Also mention for Kovacic who was really good when he came on and Gvardiol who has struggled recently.

Am seeing some signs that Rodri is fatigued. Looks like he needs a break but we don’t have a like for like replacement. I think we should address in Jan but doubt we will.

Great second half but bloody hell we struggled in that first half and were cut open at will . Also when we were 2-1 up we seemed to panic and hold on when in reality if we stay true to what we can do we can destroy anyone .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.