PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What plans ?
CFG announced some time ago that they planned to raise about USD 900m through an IPO. They did not say what it was for or what shares they were selling. At the same time they announced their plans to borrow a similar amount to fund the redevelopment of a NY block to include a new stadium for NY City. Not sure whether they have updated their website to include this, they are slack in that regard.
UPDATE: Not mentioned on CFG website.

Last edited:
In the interest of a fair league and system, an independent regulator is the best thing that could happen to the Premier League, which is why City are in favour of it and the cartel aren't. That says it all.
Added to the fact the Red Top Mafia & Spuds have never voted against the Premier League to anyone's knowledge, it shows who's truly behind the steering wheel.

What's happening to PL football now is shocking. The saddest part about it is how long it's taken several PL clubs to finally begin to understand what City have been warning against since 2010.

The even sadder part is there's still club owners who must realise this, but who don't care as long as they retain their PL status.

They know they've little chance of ever landing honours, let alone the title, so their model is based solely on PL survival, & stopping an ambitious Championship club with a minted owner getting into the PL & threatening their place near the bottom of the PL trough.

With the Cartel clubs' client media spinning their anti-City narrative, the unwitting football masses who support the also-rans are blissfully unaware of the reality of the situation. As someone pointed out, Reading voted against City & for PL FFP/PSR. Now look where they are? \0/

Added to the fact the Red Top Mafia & Spuds have never voted against the Premier League to anyone's knowledge, it shows who's truly behind the steering wheel.

What's happening to PL football now is shocking. The saddest part about it is how long it's taken several PL clubs to finally begin to understand what City have been warning against since 2010.

The even sadder part is there's still club owners who must realise this, but who don't care as long as they retain their PL status.

They know they've little chance of ever landing honours, let alone the title, so their model is based solely on PL survival, & stopping an ambitious Championship club with a minted owner getting into the PL & threatening their place near the bottom of the PL trough.

With the Cartel clubs' client media spinning their anti-City narrative, the unwitting football masses who support the also-rans are blissfully unaware of the reality of the situation. As someone pointed out, Reading voted against City & for PL FFP/PSR. Now look where they are? \0/
Reading obstained didnt they

As far as I can recall I have not previously posted on this subject.

Speaking solely for myself I will be glad when the matter is finally resolved one way or another, preferably of course in our favour. I would also prefer it to be sooner rather than later. I appreciate however as a former solicitor that for a variety reasons this may not be possible.

At the moment it is a cloud hanging over the club and everything we are achieving on and off the pitch.

If ultimately we are cleared all well and good. If not then those people at the club who put us in this position will have to answer for their wrongdoing and what they have done to the club and it’s fans.
This cloud you mention is permanent, regardless if we win or lose this case.
The shitstorm and the media sludge that the press have stuck on us will stick as IMHO it's job done.
Jay the city lad hit the nail on the head when he phoned talksport and told them what everyone is feeling.

Fuck the media, fuck the Premier league, fuck the British gutter press.

This affair goes on and on and the discussion becomes more and more concerned with how severely City will be punished. The belief is stronger than ever that City are guilty, the case is proven and no-one is denying it. The establishment is conditioning opinion by letting the media spread its propaganda. After all City have already been found guilty once by UEFA and CAS had "to move us on". No-one even raises the question of guilt anymore. But it is still there and it is a massive obstacle to the PL and the cartel. CAS didn't "move us on", what they did on no fewer than eleven occasions, was to point out that there was not one scrap of evidence to support any of the charges UEFA brought. What there was was our accounts, signed off even scrutinised by UEFA accountants, supported by receipts and ssupported by statements under oath from some of the most reputable businessmen in the world. As far as we can tell, the PL charges are similar to those brought by UEFA and so what an impartial media should be asking is what new evidence does the PL have which is at all likely to convince an impartial inquiry. I think it is a question they will find impossible to answer. No waverers, Blues!

Reading obstained didnt they
Yes, Reading abstained.

This meant that the actual vote in favour of PL FFP was incredibly close. Six clubs (City, Villa, WBA, Southampton, Fulham and Swansea) voted against. Thirteen voted in favour, barely just carrying the vote. This lot included the 'Cartel' plus Chelsea (why?!), Newcastle (oh, the irony!) and Everton (oh, double the irony!!)

F**k 'em all. I hope my beloved Blues win everything again this season just to spite their jealous faces. And next season too. And the season after, just for the fun of it..

This affair goes on and on and the discussion becomes more and more concerned with how severely City will be punished. The belief is stronger than ever that City are guilty, the case is proven and no-one is denying it. The establishment is conditioning opinion by letting the media spread its propaganda. After all City have already been found guilty once by UEFA and CAS had "to move us on". No-one even raises the question of guilt anymore. But it is still there and it is a massive obstacle to the PL and the cartel. CAS didn't "move us on", what they did on no fewer than eleven occasions, was to point out that there was not one scrap of evidence to support any of the charges UEFA brought. What there was was our accounts, signed off even scrutinised by UEFA accountants, supported by receipts and ssupported by statements under oath from some of the most reputable businessmen in the world. As far as we can tell, the PL charges are similar to those brought by UEFA and so what an impartial media should be asking is what new evidence does the PL have which is at all likely to convince an impartial inquiry. I think it is a question they will find impossible to answer. No waverers, Blues!
They’ve whipped themselves up into such a frenzy preempting the verdict. To what end? Trying to influence the outcome? Securing the conviction in the court of public opinion ready for the outrage when the charges aren’t proven?

I just can’t see how we can be ”found guilty” for want of a better expression when the burden of proof is so high. It would certainly have political consequences and trade implications if we were.

This is why I hate the media. Some of the shit that goes on in the world and their rank hypocrisy really grates which is why I try to largely ignore it.

Newcastle have been hamstrung by so called financial fair play and it now looks like they are losing their sporting director to utd.

So much for clubs growing organically. That’s not what happens.

The cartel are operating to stifle competition. Some Non city fans might not like us but it’s not City who are killing any chance of their teams competing.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.