Hindsight - Hazard and Fabregas

Still gutted for missing on Hazard because we were so close to sign him.

Mancini & PV went to see him with Lille
The club invited him to watch the derby when Kompany scored
We were willing to pay his buy out clause 32m but refused to pay 6m for his agent

But we gave the 6m for Swansea and got Sinclair

Eventhough I am glad we signed Sterling and KDB, but they are not at his level yet

I'd take both. Though with Sterling bought would be too much to have him and Hazard competing for same place. Fabregas over Delph anytime.
Not for me,Delph offers us far more in our set up than fatty Fabregas ever could.I think a few have a pleasant surprise in store when they realise just how much Fabian has in his locker - believe me,8m pounds and being English were just the cherry on the cake.

Still gutted for missing on Hazard because we were so close to sign him.

Mancini & PV went to see him with Lille
The club invited him to watch the derby when Kompany scored
We were willing to pay his buy out clause 32m but refused to pay 6m for his agent

But we gave the 6m for Swansea and got Sinclair

Eventhough I am glad we signed Sterling and KDB, but they are not at his level yet
And the small fact he chose to join the European champions.

Personally couldn't give a fuck about either. You can't sign every top player around and in situations where players choose other clubs you can only wish them well and move on. The nonsense which has gone on since Hazard in particular signed for Chelsea in terms of people slagging City off for not doing more to sign him is a bit sad. The club and it's owners have earned the right to pull out of any deal they choose to, and equally top players have every right to sign for someone other than City if they so wish.

There's no need to be trying to apportion blame in those situations are making out like the club have made some terrible error.

Personally couldn't give a fuck about either. You can't sign every top player around and in situations where players choose other clubs you can only wish them well and move on. The nonsense which has gone on since Hazard in particular signed for Chelsea in terms of people slagging City off for not doing more to sign him is a bit sad. The club and it's owners have earned the right to pull out of any deal they choose to, and equally top players have every right to sign for someone other than City if they so wish.

There's no need to be trying to apportion blame in those situations are making out like the club have made some terrible error.

It's a theoretical conversation about whether we be in a better position now had we signed them? Not to do with the politics and complications of signing a player.

Hazard is still the one that got away, as others have said. Would still have loved to have him here. I dont think we would have spent 55 mil on De Bruyne, we would have run with:

-----------Aguero------------
Hazard----Silva----Sterling

Fabregas is a bit meh to me. Although Fabregas had a great first half of last season, his formed dropped away dramatically after Christmas and he still hasn't found it again. He has the same workrate and defensive deficiencies as Yaya does and although he is younger than Yaya I think that when both are on form, Yaya is as good or better playmaker in that deep role and also offers more of a physical and goal threat.

Last edited:
I couldn't give a shiny shite about either , I think the squad we have now and critically the balance is fantastic , we are a central midfielder away from being the real deal , and for all we know we may have "that" player earmarked for this window or the next or even here already.. who knows. I trust the suits in charge to make the right decisions for us , even down to not paying greedy agents , fathers, uncles , third party owning former agents whatever. Que sera sera, C'mon City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.