Hindsight - Hazard and Fabregas

Wonder if Hazard will regret his move to Chelsea one day, like the expansion of his contract. Great player, can`t imagine how good he would have been at our side with Yaya Silva and Kun.

Personally couldn't give a fuck about either. You can't sign every top player around and in situations where players choose other clubs you can only wish them well and move on. The nonsense which has gone on since Hazard in particular signed for Chelsea in terms of people slagging City off for not doing more to sign him is a bit sad. The club and it's owners have earned the right to pull out of any deal they choose to, and equally top players have every right to sign for someone other than City if they so wish.

There's no need to be trying to apportion blame in those situations are making out like the club have made some terrible error.

Totally agree with this......we seem to have inherited some really immature spoilt and arrogant posters who slag off players, clubs, Tixi and even our respected ITKs if protracted transfers don't go our way.

Let's not go down the Old Trafford way of thinking that' it is every players dream to play for us.!

I wouldn't change anything right now. I hate how chelsea use hazard, basically keep the ball and try and win a free kick or penalty.

I personally think Sanchez is the one that got away, hazard was great last season but i think Sanchez is a lot less roll around on the floor kind of player.

That depends on what you think would have happened last season if we had signed Fabregas and not Chelsea. If it lead us to another title instead of them would you say that had been worth it? Don't know about anyone else but I'm far from bored of winning the league yet - Yes he's not looking as good this season and he'll never be Yaya, but he's homegrown and still very talented. Does have a face you'd never tire of punching though so swings and roundabouts.

Hazard we should have signed. Seeing how we've pushed through the Sterling and De Bruyne deals only makes me sad we didn't have Txiki and Soriano in charge when we were going after him. If anyone is going to drag Chelsea back into the title race, or to any other honor they'll challenge for this season, it will be him. Gem of a player.

Interest note on Sanchez, who also looks made for this league. Though I think in Aguero we still have the pick of the lot.

Edit: Just saw the point above from acess87 about Hazard maybe one day regretting his move to Chelsea which is also a great observation. I remember in that absurd 'who will he chose' saga that summer he made a few comments on certain teams and their good brand of attacking football. He's being used as an incredibly blunt instrument at Chelsea - I wouldn't be surprised if he watches Silva drifting around the opponents box every week with considerable envy.

I'd take both. Though with Sterling bought would be too much to have him and Hazard competing for same place. Fabregas over Delph anytime.
Not for the role we want Delph to play.

Fabregas couldn't tackle his breakfast.

Hazard and Isco are the only two that really stick in my mind as "ones that got away" although I do feel that with the capture of both sterling and De Bruyne we've rectified our mistakes to some degree so I'm not overly bothered about missing out on them.

Not for me,Delph offers us far more in our set up than fatty Fabregas ever could.I think a few have a pleasant surprise in store when they realise just how much Fabian has in his locker - believe me,8m pounds and being English were just the cherry on the cake.

I'm as happy with the Delph signing as any City fan and think for 8 million he is one of the signings of the summer. But to say you'd rather have him than Fabregas is an outrageous statement and one that I doubt anyone in the world, other than the most biased blue, would agree with.

If we'd signed him last season we'd be champions now, similarly to Hazard when we missed out on him and signed Scotty S.

I think signing Hazard might have provided the spark needed for us to mount a better defense of our title. The rags were not a great team the following year but they walked away with it easily. I guess that there were other factors aside from the weak transfer dealings but it could have made a difference.

Fabregas seems to have gone from hero to zero with the media almost overnight. I think he is a decent player but needs to play as an attacking midfielder rather than as one of a two. His assist record over the past few years is impressive. I cannot see how we could fit him in a team that also contains Yaya and Silva so I do not regret not signing him but the flak he is getting here is daft.
If played in a role that suits his strengths he is still a very good player. We should be happy that Maureen is currently misusing him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.