Russia bombing Isis/ Syria?

exactly, seems we learned fuck all from what happened when we got rid of saddam and the colonel
This is becoming my view, the west have totally fucked up in the Middle East and now someone is calling their bluff, the Russians won't take any shit from anyone and Obama is too weak to do anything, let's face it so far against ISIL we don't seem to be doing much let the Russians deal with them, let them lose a few troops to these nut jobs why is it always our lads and lasses.

I work with a lot of Polish and Czech people and they say that to listen to our news coverage here and what they hear in their own language channels, you'd think we were talking about a completely different conflict.
I remember Cameron being humiliated in a joint press conference with Putin a while ago. Dave said, "we need to help these rebels get rid of the barbaric Assad "
Putin retorted, "would this be the same rebels that have just released footage of one of them ripping the heart out of a syrian soldiers chest and eating it? "
Cameron went bright red and ended up looking like the fool that he is.
Putin has warned consistently that if you drive out these leaders, you end up with a power vacuum that gets filled with terrorists. He's right.
Let's just see how brave these Islamic extremists are regarding the Russians.
Will they consider trying to commit atrocities in Russia? I doubt it. Putin doesn't go into these things with one arm tied behind his back like our armed forces do. He's already said what he'd do to terrorists if they are caught trying anything in his country. He's prepared to fight fire with fire.
Instead of playing politics, we should be getting together with the Russians and defeating Isis.

The US and Europe should hold their hands up at yet another balls up in the region, trying to impose western ways on countries that cant be run like that. Lessons have clearly not been learnt in the past, the reason these countries are run the way they are is not because their elected leader is a psychopath, its because it is the only way the maintain any kind of social calm is to rule the country this way. Time to hand the baton over to Russia and follow their lead, as there is no way any Western country is going to sort this mess out.

I work with a lot of Polish and Czech people and they say that to listen to our news coverage here and what they hear in their own language channels, you'd think we were talking about a completely different conflict.
I remember Cameron being humiliated in a joint press conference with Putin a while ago. Dave said, "we need to help these rebels get rid of the barbaric Assad "
Putin retorted, "would this be the same rebels that have just released footage of one of them ripping the heart out of a syrian soldiers chest and eating it? "
Cameron went bright red and ended up looking like the fool that he is.
Putin has warned consistently that if you drive out these leaders, you end up with a power vacuum that gets filled with terrorists. He's right.
Let's just see how brave these Islamic extremists are regarding the Russians.
Will they consider trying to commit atrocities in Russia? I doubt it. Putin doesn't go into these things with one arm tied behind his back like our armed forces do. He's already said what he'd do to terrorists if they are caught trying anything in his country. He's prepared to fight fire with fire.
Instead of playing politics, we should be getting together with the Russians and defeating Isis.

They did really well in Afghanistan didn’t they

Different era, different conflict Ducado.
You might as well say don't let the yanks get involved because they got their arses handed to them in Vietnam.
As has just been pointed out, these places can't have order without a tyrannical despot to keep order.
James Ruben said that George Bush took action in Iraq to drive out terrorists. "Really? There was no terrorists in Iraq. There is now "
Once the USA decide that they don't like someone, we're fed all kinds of crap to try and justify interference.
Saddam, gaddafi and assad were in place because they had to be. The alternative is chaos and a breeding ground for terrorism.

Different era, different conflict Ducado.
You might as well say don't let the yanks get involved because they got their arses handed to them in Vietnam.
As has just been pointed out, these places can't have order without a tyrannical despot to keep order.
James Ruben said that George Bush took action in Iraq to drive out terrorists. "Really? There was no terrorists in Iraq. There is now "
Once the USA decide that they don't like someone, we're fed all kinds of crap to try and justify interference.
Saddam, gaddafi and assad were in place because they had to be. The alternative is chaos and a breeding ground for terrorism.

Absolutely spot on. Cant understand how our governments are unable to see this.

In my eyes the whole anti-Assad agenda has caused this whole crisis and without the west arming these rebels, ISIS would just be a small group of fanatical nutcases running round with air rifles.

My only worry is they have left it too late to be able to undo the damage that has been done.

We have sent our troops to the Baltic States due to alleged Russian aggression, Russia have responded by saying this is regrettable and will be met with parity.

NATO and Russia will kick off soon first Ukraine now differences in Syria seems inevitable to me. Sad really, I don't fancy living in fear of a nuclear war.

The Saudi's are committing atrocities on a daily basis. Does the west not fancy intervening there? Ah, of course not. We get oil off them on our terms don't we? They play ball. Gaddafi wouldn't dance to America's tune so all of a sudden, he's a tyrant that terrorises his own people. Anyone who's been, or knows anyone that went to Libya will know a completely different thing.
This Arab spring is a complete sham.
The people that took part were doing so under a guise that it would give them a better alternative and a say in how their country would be run.
What they have ended up with is a fragmented killing field until the USA put it's own puppet in charge which will cause even more resentment.
These countries, unfortunately, will never have peace. Not in the sense that we regard anyway. The best they can hope for is stability under the rule of a bastard.
If it's one who deals with the west, he might be a bastard but he's our bastard.
The lies, propaganda and double standards is sickening. Calling the Russians for using cruise missiles just after blowing up a hospital themselves says it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.