Every premier league game this weekend to play French national anthem

I do wonder how psychologically draining this might well be becoming for some of the French international players too.They were in the vicinity of the initial bombing on Friday and then the events of Tuesday must have been quite emotionally overwhelming. They've been forced to reflect on events and represent their country in a very public fashion for almost a week now and if it were me, i'd probably want to be left to reflect on it privately from this point on.

This is my concern. Sagna has already publicly stated that he had tears in his eyes following Tuesday's show of support. I would imagine that someone at our club has assessed his psychological state whether that be Manuel or a trained professional.

Black armbands would be sufficient imo.

The more I think about this, and have read others' opinions about this, the more of a joke I think is.

It's a commercial ploy by that cnut Scudamore, trying to pull in extra viewers and drum up the support of the French, I'm convinced of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he runs for some high up position at UEFA on the back of this.

This is getting ridiculous now and i include sadly departed City fans in this. Few weeks ago we had applause in the 35th minute for a City fan that died now it's going round on social media that people are asking for one in the 29th minute due to another blue that has tragically lost his life.

Yes it may only be one minute out of 90 but it is getting overkill now, that's what the last game of the year is for.

Oooooh Look at me.... I'm showing solidarity towards a tragic event or someone I never met dying.
Im just so much more better of a Human than you are.....

AAAAARGH. FUCK OFF!

I'll show my respects in my own way. I don't need to tell anybody else or show off.

It's like that prick here: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ster-news/hard-man-big-heart-anthony-10458200

Coincidentally as he gave a tenner to a homeless man, the MUEN photographer was stood there taking pictures on his £2000 camera.

Would the "hard man" let all the homeless people in town on the night of his fight in to the Arena and watch for free?
Would he fuck.

just an opportunistic egotistical wanker like a lot in society who exploit one's weaknesses such as getting blown up or whatever,
for their own benefit - be it monetary and or ego.

Tbh mate I'm going with a french person who will really appreciate it. Everyone I know in France is absolutely heartened by the support.

Sure it's a bit unusual but I just think it does a lot of good that people don't see and I still can't see what actual harm it does to anyone.

You only have to look at the cover of L'Equipe to know how much the people most effected appreciate it. I'm proud we can do that for them.

If it was an atrocity in Manchester and they were still singing God Save the Queen in Marseille the next week I'd feel nothing but gratitude and I'd be sad if a large part of their fan base was already openly bored enough to complain about our tragedy.
Where do we draw the line? Where was the PL support for the Russians, or Turks or Lebanese or Nigerians, why don't we sing Star Spangled Banner after the next high school massacre?

It's not a football problem, the tribute at Wembley was perfect as we were playing France. Now it feels like a competition of show emotion. Scudamore has done this for marketing reasons, nothing more and its more see through than a window.

A football match between City and Liverpool isn't the place for this but I said earlier in the thread, we are moving towards a world where every other minute of the game will be a minutes applause for a lost fan or player, and with a different minutes silence before each game for a tragedy somewhere in the world. It never used to be needed, just the minutes silence at New Year, but this is the Facebook age where one upmanship now includes competitive grieving.

Does anyone actually know the words? Will be pretty awkward when its just the backing music playing.

Must admit I thought some of the responses were churlish when I started reading the thread. However the argument about where you draw the line is valid.

In some ways the French are a special case, being close neighbours and erstwhile war allies and all that..but again how do you rank one country's worthiness against another?

I am pleased there was a fitting tribute at the England game though and clearly it was appreciated on the other side of the Channel.

France are our closest neighbours to the UK. It's a chance for City to show respect and solidarity with our allies and put two fingers up to murderous jihadist scum. I'm in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.