It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

i think you`ll find you may be on your own or in a very small group who think yaya and silva have had their BEST FOOTBALLING SEASON

It's fairly disingenuous when people start posting "well what players has he improved" considering he came into a squad of experienced internationals who were at the peak of their abilities. My point was that in that first season the players i mentioned performed better than they had previously at any point in their careers. Maybe it's not Pellegrini 'improving' the players, but it's certainly a sign that the players haven't regressed in the way in which is being implied by Cheesy.

As for our new players. Sterling's return at Liverpool was scoring 11 goals last season. He's got 10 already this season. KDB's numbers speak for themselves.

He didn't say this season though did he?

League and cup double, record goals scored and points won season.

All those players had incredible seasons.

I remember it well, pity some have forgotten it so quickly.

i dont put word in my mouth yaya and silva are legends at this club.

"Have you seen the age of our squad? Notwithstanding that Kun, Toure, Silva, have had their best footballing season EVER under MP"
It's fairly disingenuous when people start posting "well what players has he improved" considering he came into a squad of experienced internationals who were at the peak of their abilities. My point was that in that first season the players i mentioned performed better than they had previously at any point in their careers. Maybe it's not Pellegrini 'improving' the players, but it's certainly a sign that the players haven't regressed in the way in which is being implied by Cheesy.

As for our new players. Sterling's return at Liverpool was scoring 11 goals last season. He's got 10 already this season. KDB's numbers speak for themselves.

i was replying to "Notwithstanding that Kun, Toure, Silva, have had their best footballing season EVER under MP". i thought you were suggesting this season sorry if i misunderstood

Some have forgotten it and a small few fail to even acknowledge it and claim it as a victory for a past manager.

That said, I agree with you in that both manager and player performances of late, culminating in the debacle that was Leicester is simply not good enough.

I differ in that many things are to blame for our form this season, injuries, players off form and yes, mistakes from the manager rather than the one cap fits all of Pellegrini's is a useless **** which rears its head on here everytime we drop points

so we wholeheartedly agree then,

nearly

In his first season we still knew how to defend and had some semblance of organisation and work ethic thanks to the work of Mancini. He gave our attacking playing more creative freedom which created a great balance of defending and attacking.

Since he arrived though our defence, organisation and discipline has been constantly waning and this season it's almost non existent. He is a very incompetent manager.

He didn't say this season though did he?

League and cup double, record goals scored and points won season.

All those players had incredible seasons.

I remember it well, pity some have forgotten it so quickly.

That was then , this is now.

Liverpool remember how SG slip and their panic attack cost them a title in MP's first year after we mucked up again at their place and their manager is long gone.

The side is aging , the spine is almost a thing of the past and the game as many players will tell you passes you by quickly.

I agree with you that our turgid , uninspiring football we have played in the main this year is not all MP's fault and I admit I enjoyed the football in his first year for the most part but it has been downhill ever since.

Sterling and KDB aand Delph all had premier league experience before joining us and for a couple of reasons we haven't seen anywhere near the best of them yet at least I hope that is the case.

Pep is no messiah , a number of players are on borrowed time but I expect a different attitude , a long overdue injection of youth and players who handle the pace and physicality of the league better than what we currently have.

Flexibility from corners , better defending from set pieces , a midfield that closes down the opposition , urgency throughout the game until its done and dusted , improved skills are just the start of what we want , what we need , what the owners and supporters deserve and a return to the feel good factor where home is a fortress and teams are scared shitless to come here.

Did you watch and listen to Leicester players as they came out for the second half last Saturday.

How easy is this is what they were saying as they laughed amongst themselves.

This is what happens under a manager like MP and the players are used to it now.

The owners won't expect that to happen in the next three years at least and we know at least one man who won't tolerate it unlike the current manager who has been on easy street for two season now as have the playing group partly as a result.

The side has more importantly though , the facts and the quality of play speak for themselves.

I agree but this isn't the first season we have had to put up with injuries to our best players. We have done so over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

We won the league in 11/12 with one of our best players on strike all seasons. And over the next 3 seasons we have had constant injuries to our best players, yet our performances have never dipped to the shambolic levels of this season.

The warning signs have been there for the best part of a year now. Even during our run of 9 in a row last season I was still scratching my head wondering how we were winning games because we had been awful. And not long after, the Burnley and Boro performances were pretty much the start of what we are seeing now.

So with that in mind, and the fact that every man and his dog knows how injury prone our best players are, to not strengthen certain areas over the summer is 100% our own fault. We all knew relying on Aguero was a risk, we all knew the centre of midfield was low on quality and we all knew left back was a problem, yet all we did was spend £100m on two attacking midfielders. Being honest I'm yet to see proof that either actually make us a better team.

So yeah we have been unlucky but we have also been utterly careless in our planning. Funnily enough, that could also be said about our pre match planning.

whats with all the doom and gloom? arsenal beat Leicester we beat totingham its wide open,,i believe we will get our arses into gear! we have to drop the players who do not perform and if that means playing the kids then so be it, nigel de jong has just become a free agent hey hey hey......toure do we drop him? YES

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.