It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

there is a lot of truth in what you're saying. for me, i feel the reason leicester are doing even better than they should is due to the fact theyve had next to no injuries. the spine of their team has stayed intact for the majority of the season. take nothing away from them theyve been awesome but its true. how many games have hart, kompany, silva and aguero played together this season?

Leicester, same goals scored and same conceded as us so why have they been awesome? Granted they have done fantastically well in the context of the money they have spent but I find it strange how Leicesters defence has been described in the Times today as 'doughty' and ours as a shambles and yet we have conceded the same number of goals. That at the same time as not having progressed in the two cup competitions and not having the additional challenge of champions league games.

Of course injuries have cost us points, to ignore this fact is to ignore the obvious. Given a fully fit squad and the opportunity to rotate that this affords, our position would undoubtedly be better. The issue is that once you get injuries the problem perpetuates, lack of ability to rotate, leads to further fatigue of the group, leads to further injuries.

It's a shame and it is remiss of supporters not to acknowledge this in defence of Pellegrini.

It's not happy bloody days at the moment. No one is more delighted than me that Pep is on his way but we need Pellegrini to shape up and get pragmatic now.

Indeed, it could well get worse before it gets better.

Chelsea's title last year was built on the defence which played together for virtually the whole season (didn't Terry play every minute of PL games??) and this season Leicester's ability to field the same team week in week out, makes a huge difference. However with the right set up, tactics and mentality we should have won more of the games that we haven't, Villa away, United away, Leicester Away. Players and manager and often ignored, the other coaches (defensive coach anyone??) have to take big responsibility

Injuries have of course had an impact. There's no doubt about that.

But our squad is still better than our form in the league suggests. Yes we've had a lot of games and that was always going to see inconsistency.

What is disappointing is that aside from Hart, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero and Nacho we don't have any players that we can say will be in the side for the next few years and are exciting and talented and able to get better and better.

There are question marks over Kompany's fitness. Otamendi hasn't looked worth the money we spent. Mangala is inconsistent and he's not young enough for there to be a good excuse for that. Zabaleta is getting on so should only really be used as cover. He's not got the pace to get up and down all game and do an effective job at both ends of the pitch. Yaya isn't the player he was. Fernandinho is also getting on and will need replacing sooner rather than later if we want to build for the future. Delph just might not be good enough. Silva is in bad form and it's hard to know if he'll be able to fit into Pep's system effectively - though his class should show through and I hope he does.

The likes of Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov, Demi, Fernando, Navas and Bony are all facing huge question marks in terms of their place in our squad as well. Navas is one that could definitely stay and be effective under Pep. Nasri should still be able to play a part in our future squad.

Our team has needed improvement for a number of years and considering it's February and we've only really seen one truly fantastic performance so far this season (away at Sevilla), that's just not good enough. The Chelsea win is firmly put into context now. Since Kompany's injury we've completely lost our shape for some reason.

To rely on one player so much with a squad this expensive is unacceptable.

Injuries have of course had an impact. There's no doubt about that.

But our squad is still better than our form in the league suggests. Yes we've had a lot of games and that was always going to see inconsistency.

What is disappointing is that aside from Hart, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero and Nacho we don't have any players that we can say will be in the side for the next few years and are exciting and talented and able to get better and better.

There are question marks over Kompany's fitness. Otamendi hasn't looked worth the money we spent. Mangala is inconsistent and he's not young enough for there to be a good excuse for that. Zabaleta is getting on so should only really be used as cover. He's not got the pace to get up and down all game and do an effective job at both ends of the pitch. Yaya isn't the player he was. Fernandinho is also getting on and will need replacing sooner rather than later if we want to build for the future. Delph just might not be good enough. Silva is in bad form and it's hard to know if he'll be able to fit into Pep's system effectively - though his class should show through and I hope he does.

The likes of Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov, Demi, Fernando, Navas and Bony are all facing huge question marks in terms of their place in our squad as well. Navas is one that could definitely stay and be effective under Pep. Nasri should still be able to play a part in our future squad.

Our team has needed improvement for a number of years and considering it's February and we've only really seen one truly fantastic performance so far this season (away at Sevilla), that's just not good enough. The Chelsea win is firmly put into context now. Since Kompany's injury we've completely lost our shape for some reason.

To rely on one player so much with a squad this expensive is unacceptable.

We can't rely on VK any more and it also reflects poorly on the way the team is managed that they lack drive , desire and competitive spirit.

Our biggest game of the season and we played like we just couldn't be bothered reflects on the poor attitude of the players that they couldn't motivate themselves or be motivated from the outset.

They disgraced our club last Saturday and even a half decent manager would ensure it never happens again but alas it has happened too often this season and we know it will happen again.

Injurys aside we still field a better team than the opposition most of the time so mp takes the blame for stubbornly using the same system despite different team members,getting results with your best team out is the mark of a good manager

Its the lack of effort and lack of passion to win back the ball that confuses me. I just read our highest rated player in terms of distance covered on the pitch is Bacary Sagna in 67th place in the league. I'm not suggesting we have 11 headless chickens but surely the closest man to the ball can harry the opponent until he concedes and we can attack again..it has to be down to both the management & the 11 on the pitch..why is injuries an excuse? can City's players not play 2 or 3 games a week?..and don't get me started on slide tackles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.