N'Golo Kante

When I've watched Leicester I've specifically watched just Kante for a couple of matches, admittedly a small sample.

However from what I saw he's got an incredible engine & work rate no doubt, but his actual ability on the ball was not impressive at all to me. Seems the kind of player who is absolutely perfect for a side like Leicester where work rate & off-the-ball are the priorities, but in a team which dominate possession? I'm not sure he suits at all really.

I'd describe him as a work rate/pace of Fernandinho with the passing ability closer to Fernando. I.e. Fernandinho is the superior player & I just don't see what how much he'd add to our side, especially at £30m.

Maybe I just caught him on a few bad matches, but personally not fussed about this one.
Passing similar to Fernando? What? A player who can't pass forward or further than 5 yards?
Get away. Kante regularly gets the ball to Vardy and Mahrez with 15/20 yard passes. Class on a stick.

Passing similar to Fernando? What? A player who can't pass forward or further than 5 yards?
Get away. Kante regularly gets the ball to Vardy and Mahrez with 15/20 yard passes. Class on a stick.
Like I said I've only watched him specifically in a couple of games so maybe I caught him on some less impressive days, but he wasn't pinging 20 yard passes around or picking through balls I assure you.

I take an issue with the claim that Fernando can't pass further than 5 yards, or forward? That's a complete lie. He's not exactly a Yaya or Fernandinho but he keeps it ticking along. You're just exaggerating/lying on both players to make the gap seem significant; sure Kante may be the better passer (I'll keep watching) but from what I've seen he's not at Fernandinho's level & yes Fernando isn't the best forward passer in the world but he's not the shite you claim.

So thanks, but you can get away instead.

Like I said I've only watched him specifically in a couple of games so maybe I caught him on some less impressive days, but he wasn't pinging 20 yard passes around or picking through balls I assure you.

I take an issue with the claim that Fernando can't pass further than 5 yards, or forward? That's a complete lie. He's not exactly a Yaya or Fernandinho but he keeps it ticking along. You're just exaggerating/lying on both players to make the gap seem significant; sure Kante may be the better passer (I'll keep watching) but from what I've seen he's not at Fernandinho's level & yes Fernando isn't the best forward passer in the world but he's not the shite you claim.

So thanks, but you can get away instead.
Fernando has better passing technique, Kante takes greater risks with his passing. Kante's seeming better passing stat, is a function of mentality. Fernando doesn't see himself as the defense unlocking passer, there are other players for that, Kante does.

Technique wise, smoothness of release and touchwise, Fernando is better.Kante's role and mentality about passing males him look better.

Good player but wouldn't want this transfer to happen; I don't want us to be the Bayern of this league when it comes to transfers.

Probably idiotic but kinda feel it same way. Wouldn't cry if he'd come but if Leicester win the league they deserve to keep their players for at least one season. Would be bit assholish if bigger teams would buy their star players this summer.

The only players I could understand leaving Leicester after this season are the players 29 years old or older looking for one last pay day. Even then, if they had any footballing ambitions then they should at least stick it out with Leicester for 1 more season, so they get to play Champions League football, but then that might leave it too late for a payday, especially for players like Huth if they have a shocker next year.

I personally don't see any of Leicester's players leaving unless the club want them gone and why should they. If I were Mahrez or Kante and Chelsea or United (the two obvious candidates) came calling, I'd tell them to hand on for a year as I'd at least want to enjoy being champions with Leicester and play Champions League football for a year. I suspect both will move on after next season though.

Sounds a fair assessment. What makes you say he'd suit better than Dinho in that role behind Gundogan + _____? Purely the tackling aspect? Personally think Fernandinho is a good enough tackler to do that job, with the added bonuses of his ability on the ball - I'd rather him be given the chance than we splash £30m on someone to do a similar job. Pep also clearly loves passing ability, would Kante be good enough at that to be his sort of player; I'm not sure.

Will have a watch against United & see how he does, but imagine they won't have much of the ball so will be more of his usual breaking up the play.

Honestly I just love Kante. Dinho would be perfectly fine and he deserves to stay. Your logic is correct and it's not really nesesary to plop 30m for him. He's a monster though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.