Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, from the responses I've gotten, it sounds like folks may think I don't rate this guy, that will be the farthest from the truth. I think the world of him. I was just responding to a minor point that was made.

Personally, I think if you could get him and Varane, you'd be set for 12 years. 2 of the top 10 CBs under 25. And both closing in on top ten overall at such young ages. So yes I am totally in for him and have been for Over a year and a half.

Was simply pointing out he got carded a lot. When I like a player, I want to know both what's good and bad about him. So there are no surprises. :)

It was you mentioning Ottamendi that reminded me. Seemed an interesting quote from such a young player and something which always struck me with the fullback the rags had who went to Arsenal and whose name completely escspes me - he was so quick, he got away with the basic mistakes as he usually got a second bite at the winger, but never got the basics right in the first place. Once his pace went, he was fucked.

Not many new rumours/reports on this one...At one point it seemed all the hard work had been done to bring him to City..... reports over the last few months were that we had agreed terms with the player and agreed to pay his release clause? Is this likely to be the next one done?

Highlights videos are a notoriously inaccurate way of judging a player. But the "Vs" videos give you a bit more of an insight as they show every touch of a player during one game so you can better evaluate their quality.

I've just watched this "Vs" video of Laporte against Villareal and I'm rather underwhelmed.

He appears to be playing on the left of a back 3, and his composure on the ball and decision making make Mangala look like Paulo Maldini.

I've never seen him play, so happy to hear from people have have watched him extensively, but he's not at all what I was expecting.

Highlights videos are a notoriously inaccurate way of judging a player. But the "Vs" videos give you a bit more of an insight as they show every touch of a player during one game so you can better evaluate their quality.

I've just watched this "Vs" video of Laporte against Villareal and I'm rather underwhelmed.

He appears to be playing on the left of a back 3, and his composure on the ball and decision making make Mangala look like Paulo Maldini.

I've never seen him play, so happy to hear from people have have watched him extensively, but he's not at all what I was expecting.

Er, I hope that was a stand out bad game.

Although if Kolarov is off, at least we'd have someone to lump a cross field ball to the opposition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.