Last whites of the east end

I haven't followed the thread but what you've said there sounds like way over the top PC gone mad if we should be learning their ways to integrate with them (and sounds like something like one of their people that make issues of everything would say) - and it's a load of tosh if we're the ones who will not integrate. Obviously some (the more racist/xenophobic leaning) and particularly older generations stuck in their ways/holding resentment from the past (e.g. over loss of jobs) are reluctant to but like you said that is a backwards way of looking at things.

Any country, people of similar ethnicity stick together if immigrants. Evidently seen in the U.S. with latino communities, eastern european communities, predominately Irish areas (in the early part of last century). Jewish communities here etc. People want the support of moving to a new country and the ability to carry on speaking their language but obviously, maybe without realising it, they end up congregating in isolated communities which causes the whole thing.

And although a lot of us do want to integrate with the Spanish communities on our holidays, there is a hell of a lot of us that continually go to places that have been made very touristy suited to the British/Irish - e.g. Benidorm. From the Spanish viewpoint, areas like that become associated with the Brits/Irish.

We can't compare ourselves to America like for like on these things it's a vast country, ours is relatively small so these changes are much more noticeable.

This would be a good list to compare with: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

I was reading through the "Area (km2)" column I take it that's the area of land in the country total? I didn't know Japan was larger than the UK to be honest(similar size but nearing twice our population) or that we have nearly the same population as France despite being nearly half the size. Not sure there is a like for like comparison to be made.

The documentary annoyed me not that I didn't agree with it's content but the people in it were just idiots. The old woman who told her Somali neighbours she hoped her new neighbours were as nice as them previously told the camera she was leaving because she felt she didn't belong anymore? Very strange. The boxer had it spot on, they all left, they didn't get taken over. Fact is people don't want to live in Newham, most would prefer to live in Essex. I wish more of these Cockneys would be honest and say they moved to Essex out of choice, it's been happening for centuries. You get a bit of money, you move out of the inner city and the poor move in to replace you. The poor nowadays are immigrants.

It's a shame they didn't show the other side of the coin, asking the old Essex community what they think about being swamped by loudmouth, racist Cockneys.

The documentary annoyed me not that I didn't agree with it's content but the people in it were just idiots. The old woman who told her Somali neighbours she hoped her new neighbours were as nice as them previously told the camera she was leaving because she felt she didn't belong anymore? Very strange. The boxer had it spot on, they all left, they didn't get taken over. Fact is people don't want to live in Newham, most would prefer to live in Essex. I wish more of these Cockneys would be honest and say they moved to Essex out of choice, it's been happening for centuries. You get a bit of money, you move out of the inner city and the poor move in to replace you. The poor nowadays are immigrants.

It's a shame they didn't show the other side of the coin, asking the old Essex community what they think about being swamped by loudmouth, racist Cockneys.

i agree with some of what your saying, but that just isn't true. especially in greater manchester, large areas of white people and still very deprived and very low income, . in london lots of the poorer people - the cockneys have moved out, but still lots of them to very deprived areas.

Last edited:

fpmsl

good job those moving in to replace them aren't nasty racist new Cockneys lol

What a bizarre programme. Firstly, isn't the old east end around Whitechapel, Bethnall Green, Stepney and that general area and Newham is plain old east London? It was the first thing you notice around the theme of the producers trying to romanticise the old white community.

Secondly, as has been previously mentioned, white families have always moved east, as far back as the 20's when they went to work in ford in Dagenham, post war re-settlement and the white flight when the docks were mostly closed around the late 60's/70's. This is not a new phenomenon.

Mass immigration has always been welcomed by both the right and left albeit for different reasons, I hate prejudice against immigrants, they're just trying to better themselves and their families. East London has always been a first port of call for many immigrant group going back to French Huguenots, Jews and Irish before the non-white groups, who obviously don't assimilate as easily by the second generation, moved in.

Last edited:
Areas of Essex like Grays or Tilbury are cheaper than living in Newham. Chain migration brings many new arrivals in.

A bigger number of bigoted, thick, hypocritical and racist bastards it would be hard to find.

You talking about the programme or this forum? When you get people comparing immigration to grey squirrels wiping out red squirrels it becomes difficult to tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.