CL stand closures v BMG and Celtic

Guessing.

City are going to stick MB and the Celtic fans in there. Give them 6000 tickets. Keep them all together at one end of the Ground. Easier to Police, before, during, and after the match. They will be kept in for at least 30 minutes, or possibly longer for the Celtic fans. MB had 100's of fans in our end. 25 were stood on the SS concourse at half-time. Got loads of abuse and were moved quickly into tbe away end. City will have all the lower and middle tiers, as well as the other 3 upper tiers. Makes absolute sense for a safety, trouble free, and sticking tbe away fans in the God's, sense. Good move by City.

I know there discussions about atmosphere back then but that Kippax Corner was always great - I remember people in there never noticing an atmosphere problem because it was loud for them. The rest of the ground was a let down (the "family stand" was such a bad idea atmosphere wise) - SS has picked up in recent years. It was gradually fading though to what we have now - where people have just given up on the atmosphere which feeds into the cycle of nothing being generating.

I think your missing where people are coming from when we miss the old days then. Yeah, we're witnessing class on the pitch we could only dream of back then but for many of us supporting a football club is part of your identity, it's your community - it's bigger than the sport and contest. Singing presents the character of the fans, and the soul of the club.

We don't have that now bar "lets get the atmosphere going" attempts. It's horrible to see us come to that when it's not long ago we used to laugh at the swamp for being a library and a tourist centre - I'd have serious doubts about anyone who doesn't recall that and can't identify with what I'm saying.

Mate I understand where you're coming from, but can you name a single ground where the atmosphere is as good now as it was 20 years ago?

I've been to the Swamp, Klanfield, St James' many times and they are like fucking libraries most of the time!

I always used to like Fratton Park and Goodison for away day atmospheres, I went to Goodison last season and it was fucking dead.

It's not just a City problem, or a new stadium problem, or an us being good problem, it's just the way football has gone. Life moves on, not always for the better. I know lads who went in the 70s and 80s and preferred it when the was the threat of imminent violence in the air, but time moves on, you can't go backwards.

The atmosphere is pretty shit at home games now, but would it be any better if we finished 15th last season? I don't think it would. What if we'd stayed at Maine Rd and it got even more dilapidated? Well look at Villa Park, Goodison etc, similar grounds and the atmosphere has got progressively worse at those grounds.

Realistically, the only way atmosphere is ever going to come back to English football is with safe standing, cheap tickets and cheap beer. It really isn't rocket science.

Hope youre right but a similar message was sent for the game v Bucharest and it was shut.Its open v Barca as well.
Barca wont bring much of a following. The other two will bring thousands.

Barca wont bring much of a following. The other two will bring thousands.
If that. It was like that with real madrid. loads of empty seats in the away end.

Problem with the Champions league games is that somehow loads of tourists or away fans end up in home end. It was like that with Steaua. A lot had tickets in home ends, and then when they got to turnstiles they were refused entry with their colours on, and had to go and queue up again at the away end. That's what the steward in my block was telling me anyway.

I think it's a good idea to give Celtic and the Borussia 6,000. That way we should get City fans in the home end, and away fans in the away end, and have a fantastic atmosphere in the process.

I don't like the away fans having a narrow strip down one side of South Stand over 3 tiers. Destroys the atmosphere that away fans create - which is usually how the home fans respond - bouncing off them. I have heard loads of away fans complain about it being a crap stand for away fans.

Guessing.

City are going to stick MB and the Celtic fans in there. Give them 6000 tickets. Keep them all together at one end of the Ground. Easier to Police, before, during, and after the match. They will be kept in for at least 30 minutes, or possibly longer for the Celtic fans. MB had 100's of fans in our end. 25 were stood on the SS concourse at half-time. Got loads of abuse and were moved quickly into tbe away end. City will have all the lower and middle tiers, as well as the other 3 upper tiers. Makes absolute sense for a safety, trouble free, and sticking tbe away fans in the God's, sense. Good move by City.
i think your correct mate but once again bluemoan has dived in ready to kick off with club and fans before the full facts are known, i wish some on here would just fuck of with the constant bashing its every little fucking thing

i think your correct mate but once again bluemoan has dived in ready to kick off with club and fans before the full facts are known, i wish some on here would just fuck of with the constant bashing its every little fucking thing
Those of us who are in the south stand 3rd tier and in the euro cup scheme have had an email saying that the 3rd tier is SHUT for the gladbach and celtic games and when they moved us for the semi final against Everton when they had the full 3rd tier they said the tier was being given over to the away fans so i've jumped to fuck all conclusons just staing the facts as City have given us pal.

If that. It was like that with real madrid. loads of empty seats in the away end.

Problem with the Champions league games is that somehow loads of tourists or away fans end up in home end. It was like that with Steaua. A lot had tickets in home ends, and then when they got to turnstiles they were refused entry with their colours on, and had to go and queue up again at the away end. That's what the steward in my block was telling me anyway.

I think it's a good idea to give Celtic and the Borussia 6,000. That way we should get City fans in the home end, and away fans in the away end, and have a fantastic atmosphere in the process.

I don't like the away fans having a narrow strip down one side of South Stand over 3 tiers. Destroys the atmosphere that away fans create - which is usually how the home fans respond - bouncing off them. I have heard loads of away fans complain about it being a crap stand for away fans.
Good that's how it should be or shall we give them all of the South Stand Lower??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.