Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

It's an absolute disgrace to charge people £35 for the right to buy a ticket. I also think it's a disgrace to charge £100 to go on the waiting list for a season ticket. Nothing but greed.

Tickets are £5 less when you have one. It's not obvious but appears priced that way on your login

If anyone can just rock up, say I want a card without any commitment from their side how does the club make sure they are City fans? Charge a few quid and an opposition fan would see it as a bargain to get access to a ticket for the game. £35 makes it almost twice the price if all you are doing is buying one ticket. it adds less than a couple of quid a game if you take in a few league and cup games and that's without factoring in a value for the other benefits.

It's an absolute disgrace to charge people £35 for the right to buy a ticket. I also think it's a disgrace to charge £100 to go on the waiting list for a season ticket. Nothing but greed.
You don't have to pay it to buy a ticket, my son and myself have one , for priority booking, my daughter doesn't and buys on general sale. We get more than £35 back in ticket discount, shop discount and the vouchers.
The £100 is a deposit not a charge

I think charging for membership is a missed opportunity. Those that can't afford or don't want to are off the radar. You can't really promote stuff to them, you're not doing anything to bring them closer to the club.

We talk about becoming a cityzen to be a part of the club. What does that make the thousands of blues that arent cityzens?

Not much social media on this from the rags tonight... .???

Haha was anyone in around the centre of Manchester yesterday? They had advertisements of the game over the tannoys(might have been the tram ones) at Victoria, Suddehill... well basically everywhere begging for fans to turn out. Who's betting they paid for all that just so they could have wrote their own headlines such as "United Europe League Outsells City Champions League Attendance Shocker" ("UEFA can't you just kick them out and let us take their place they boo and have no fans").

Last edited:
What City need to do is to stop charging for the Cityizens card. *£35* How much money does it actually bring in? Peanuts! Instead offer non season ticket holders a free Cityizens card, with or without the perks. And offer all Cityizen card holders the chance to buy 1 or 2 match tickets after season ticket holders. Tickets would soon sell out. Or at least shift. People/City fans do not want to pay £35 before havping to fork out for match tickets as well.

And as I've stated on numerous occasions, along with other's on here, when City start makling it easier for fans to buy match tickets, a clearer OS ticket site, and more ticket outlets in the city centre and around Manchester, then more people will buy tickets, as they will be easier to buy.

City might be going places on the pitch, financially, hospitality wise, the matchday experience, and via social media, but the way they sell ticket's hasn't improved or moved on much.

A radical rethink and shake up of the whole ticket department/office and process of buying tickets needs a complete overhaul.
Great post I've got a strong feeling a lot of curious football fans may have checked out the site got to that part and thought: "£35??... maybe some other time when I know I'll have the money to make use of it"

And yes making it easier to get a ticket all round... a dedicated website that's fast, easy to use and efficient for the tickets maybe?

Why create any unnecessary barriers? Football used to be so simple and you could be spontaneous about match going, some might not be able to go to many games but might have some extra cash in and fancy taking a punt on a game... there will be loads like that over the course of a full season.

Great post I've got a strong feeling a lot of curious football fans may have checked out the site got to that part and thought: "£35??... maybe some other time when I know I'll have the money to make use of it"

And yes making it easier to get a ticket all round... a dedicated website that's fast, easy to use and efficient for the tickets maybe?

Why create any unnecessary barriers? Football used to be so simple and you could be spontaneous about match going, some might not be able to go to many games but might have some extra cash in and fancy taking a punt on a game... there will be loads like that over the course of a full season.
As far I I know you can, when they go on general sale you can just buy a ticket, you need to register and get a support number but that's all you don't need to pay £35 for citizen card. That's what my daughter does.

The Liverpool fan is a typical bitter (towards us) bellend just like my Mrs. They all have the same shit argument.
Everton fan as is often the case when I speak to them pretty spot on with his comments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.